Setting up a Kinect 360 - Windows 11

TeTched Customs

Feb 2, 2023, 3:35:19 PM2/2/23
to Skanect
I decided to go ahead try this out as I have many customers that ask if I can do scanning to 3D printing. I have a new in box Kinect 360 sensor, self powered Kinect to PC adaptor.

I have installed (and in this order: what I have read so far in this group is that is does matter)
Kinect 1.8 SDK
Kinect 1.8 Developer Toolkit
Kinect 1.8 Runtime 1.8
Skanect 1.11 (free version - if this works I'll be buying the full suite)

is there anything else that I missed?

I have a Lenovo Thinkpad P17 with an Nvidia card running windows 11

Thank you for any and all input!

Jared B.

Adam Horne

Feb 6, 2023, 3:25:00 AM2/6/23
to Skanect
I am trying to get a Kinect 360 working on Win 10 Pro with Skanect but on a HP-ZBOOK15-G2 i7 3GHz with 32GB RAM and a Nvidia Quadro K2100M (2GB dedicated but 16GB total), CUDA 3.0 apparently.
I`ve updated GPU drivers, installed CUDA, Open NI, NETI, Kinect drivers & via the Nvidia Control Panel Skanect to use the Nvidia GPU but the GPU is not being recognised by Skanect....any ideas ?

Adam Horne

Feb 6, 2023, 11:14:58 AM2/6/23
to Skanect
I`ve dropped from Skanect 1.11 to 1.09  and got the GPU recognised but Scanect is not taking advantage of the 2GB dedicated GPU RAM or the ~16GB shared RAM - any ideas how I address this ?

Tobby Ryan

Feb 13, 2023, 11:01:56 AM2/13/23
to Skanect
They have discontinued the Desktop software aka Skanect support. RTX 3xxx and 4xxx can only use CPU, not GPU support, as they have not added the Cuda 12 support.
You will need a GT or RTX gpu to be supported.  They have discontinued the Desktop software aka Skanect support. RTX 3xxx and 4xxx can only use CPU, not GPU support, as they have not added the Cuda 12 support.

Adam Horne

Feb 15, 2023, 12:27:47 PM2/15/23
to Skanect
So a K2100M GPU which is CUDA 3.0 (10.1 backwards) compatible will not work with Skanect 1.09 at all ?
Or have I misunderstood  you Ryan?

Michel Joseph Vezina

Feb 16, 2023, 1:08:16 AM2/16/23
to Skanect
I had window 10 and upgrade to window 11 , Skanect dint find my kinect 360 after the upgrade . I got rid of Window kinect sdk1.8 and kinect prime, reinstall them still nothing so i try the basic after a clean all the kinect driver out of my computer i install Window kinect sdk 1.7 and i try Skanect as i have the pro version i was eager to see if it work and yes it work ! I could scan  again!