Sensor unavailable for kinect xbox 360 vs windows 10

Enoli4z

Apr 10, 2019, 5:38:07 AM4/10/19
to Skanect
hello, I installed a xbox 360 kinect on my pc but I have the following error "Sensor unavailable" on skanect or reconstrucme.

the installation and ok peripheries ok, the kinect flashes but nothing on the screen.

I installed KinectSDK-v2.0_1409-Setup and KinectRuntime-v2.2_1811 for the drivers.

Can you help me ?

thank you

Pc Configuration:

Windows 10 x64
16 go ram
CG GTX 770
intel core i7 4770k
USB 3.0

ps : sorry for translation , i am french ..

kinect.PNG
63f48f97affb127538b4133c01d16aeb.png
aca52dfa9c673b321c26df7faf738820.png

Tobby Ryan

Apr 10, 2019, 10:38:32 AM4/10/19
to Skanect
for the Xbox 360 Kinect, you need the SDK 1.8. the 2.0 is for the KinectONE ( or sometimes listed as Kinect v2)
Uninstall the SDK 2.0 first then install the 1.8 and you should be fine with both applications

Stefan Schulz

Jun 6, 2019, 4:45:51 PM6/6/19
to Skanect
I tried using 1.8 (and then even earlier versions) but no luck on Windows 10 (64-bit). I'm guessing it might be related to the new enforcement of driver signing but I haven't had time to test further.

Enoli4z, did you get this working?

Thanks!

Tobby Ryan

Jun 7, 2019, 3:52:50 PM6/7/19
to Skanect
I have installed SDK 1.8 (only one that works with the 360), and using Skanect 1.10.1 (i have used from Skanect 1.8 and up on Win10 64bit.

The SDK 2.0 only works for the Xbox One scanner,
The KinectRuntime-v2.2_1811drivers. is for the Kinect for Windows version.

Basically you have 2 of the wrong drivers loaded.  Uninstall both and install the SDK 1.8 found at https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=40278

Davey Cammack

Sep 6, 2019, 11:03:05 AM9/6/19
to Skanect
You're a legend. I've been trying to get this to work for ages. The instructions all direct to the 2.0 SDK & no mention about 360 kinects needing 1.8. TYSM :)