Question before to buy for 25-50 mm objects 3D scanning

Mael Penhoat

Jun 11, 2021, 3:01:48 AM6/11/21
to Skanect
Hi, I'm new here and I'm looking for good method to 3D scan very small objects (25-50 mm large) with a good precision and I would like to know if Skannect could be used for that.

I've a small studio dedicated to this that I built myself with a rotating plate and a lightning surrounding my camera to obtain a good result in term of golbal lightning of the objects. For the moment my 3D scans (done with my mobile Huawey P30 with good optics) presents some defaults and I would like to improve the quality to export the objects as obj.

As I saw on the website there are plenty of camera's solutions on the shop place and I would like to know if some solutions could fit with my requirements before to buy. Does someone has already 3D scanned small objects of this size with a good resolution?

Also, on the soft can we limit the number of vertices to 25000 for example?

Thanks by advance for your answers and advices.

Tobby Ryan

Jun 11, 2021, 8:30:32 PM6/11/21
to Skanect
scanning small objects that small will not work with kinect cameras
for that you might want to try photogrammy or a higher end scanner.