Skanect for 8.6 Compute?

Michael Smith

Sep 11, 2021, 5:43:06 PM9/11/21
to Skanect
Any idea when skanect will support 8.6 compute?

I was about to pull the trigger on a structure sensor but in testing the free version and my Kinect, it looks like it doesn't support the 30xx series / Ampere gpus.

-Mike

Tobby Ryan

Sep 18, 2021, 12:45:52 PM9/18/21
to Skanect
correct, it will not support the 30xx series with gpu.

Krasimir Nikolov

Sep 28, 2021, 4:36:05 PM9/28/21
to Skanect
"will not support" as in "no further development is planned"?

AbEL tV

Sep 29, 2021, 1:00:03 PM9/29/21
to Skanect
just bought rtx 3060 laptop... the gpu not supported in skanect.. hope the dev can take note regarding this matter.

Tobby Ryan

Oct 7, 2021, 11:42:28 AM10/7/21
to Skanect
According to Occipital, a system that can support a 3xxx RTX video card should be fast enough to do everything in CPU mode. Therefore not need GPU. It uses Cuda 12, and they would have to change from Cuda 10 to Cuda 12, which would loose the previous versions. I am not certain why they cant post 2 versions on the download with a quick check of the video card.  Of course i do not work for them.
Message has been deleted