3060 laptop GPU not being detected

David van Os

Oct 3, 2022, 6:26:42 AM10/3/22
to Skanect
Hello,

Skanect wont reconize my 3060 that I have in my new laptop. What can I do?

Miles Lauchli

Oct 4, 2022, 11:45:49 AM10/4/22
to Skanect

Hi,

The issue is that your GPU is actually too powerful.

CUDA GPUs with an 8.6 compute capability, including your 3060, are not supported by the CUDA SDK version upon which Skanect was built. The good news is, your CPU is likely powerful enough to run Skanect without issues, and Skanect will automatically default to your CPU if it cannot access your GPU.

André de Vasconcellos Corrêa

Dec 11, 2022, 5:26:47 PM12/11/22
to Skanect
What is the maximum compute capability supported by CUDA SDK then?

Tobby Ryan

Dec 17, 2022, 1:52:31 PM12/17/22
to Skanect
the rtx 2xxx work, 3xxx and higher, nope