Malware virus - Skanect wont launch on MacBook Pro.

Steuart

Jun 1, 2022, 2:03:16 PM6/1/22
to Skanect
 I get a message that says "“Skanect” will damage your computer. You should move it to the Bin." If I try and download a new copy of Skanect from the Skanect site I get a warning "Threat Secured. We've blocked the threat URL:Blacklist on https://skanect.occipital.com/download/ from being downloaded.

Anyone know why this is happening? Is there an infection at Skanect?

Marc Moramarco

Jun 2, 2022, 11:35:41 AM6/2/22
to Skanect
Having similar problem. When we try to override via System Pref/General - as per support site, Open or Open Anyway should appear but will not.We even trashed the original version and repurchased updated version and that will not reopen.

Philippe Messmer

Jun 7, 2022, 3:03:07 AM6/7/22
to Skanect
Hello, Having the same problem. Compatibility with scanect and last os X upgrade ?

Skanect

Jun 7, 2022, 10:45:07 PM6/7/22
to Skanect
Hi Everyone!

We have recently discovered an issue where MacOS is flagging Skanect as malware. Upon investigation, we have discovered this is related to stolen Nvidia signing certificates that were used to sign malware which has since been rejected by Apple. Skanect is built on the CUDA SDK, which is developed by Nvidia. We are reaching out to Nvidia for assistance in determining corrective action, so in the meantime, we greatly appreciate your understanding and patience.

More to come.

Philippe Messmer

Jun 8, 2022, 3:07:00 AM6/8/22
to Skanect
Thank you...wainting for issue. Best regards

Skanect

Jun 14, 2022, 10:45:12 AM6/14/22
to Skanect
We recently updated the program and embedded the driver files. You can use this link to install.

Kind Regards,
The Skanect Team

Erik Nauman

Sep 16, 2022, 10:55:10 AM9/16/22
to Skanect
I'm still having this problem even using this updated installer link. On MacOS 12.6 only option is to move to trash because "macOS cannot verify that this app is free from malware." I am a licensed customer.
Thanks,
ERik

Jason Preuss

Sep 17, 2022, 6:25:57 AM9/17/22
to Skanect

Erik Nauman

Sep 19, 2022, 1:51:48 PM9/19/22
to Skanect
Aha, got it! I thought that option had disappeared. I didn't think to look for it given the limited options in the popup.