SBC meeting report - March 2024

Furbish - Klensch

Feb 25, 2024, 1:44:02 PMFeb 25
to ---listserve SBC

We had a good turnout for our February club meeting last week. See the discussion below and add your ideas!

Our next meeting will be Wednesday, March 20, 5-6pm at the library. We'll talk about eBird for Skagway, and maybe ducks & duck-like birds.

MEETING IDEAS

    These topics could be a full meeting, or part of a meeting, depending. Right now our meetings are 1 hour at the library. Starting April, we could have 2 hour meetings at the library if we want.

(in the meantime, you can check out https://www.natureinstruct.org/dendroica/  and https://xeno-canto.org)

(Coastal Observation and Seabird Survey Team) https://coasst.org/

>>bird club member talks about...
- focus on a species, eg. marbelled murrelets
- focus on a group, eg. warblers, raptors, migrators, shorebirds
- feeders in Skagway
- any bird related subject that interests you

>>invite experts to talk about...
- how to ID, eg. gulls-Cameron E.
- programs, eg. ALMS-Deb R.

>>using field guides
- books
- mobile phone apps

>>fun stuff
- bird face designs
- bird color pallates/spectrums
- bird flight tracings

ACTIVITY IDEAS

>>bird club cookout, maybe at Pullen pond or Yakutania Pt.

>>Skagway spring and fall festivals

>>bird walks
- bird club member, anytime or place
- with expert, when they can schedule