Can I Delete database entries?

chrischee18

Sep 10, 2009, 12:21:01 AM9/10/09
to SK2 GPL Dev
Can I empty the tables

wp_sk2_spams
wp_sk2_logs
sk2_blacklist

The wp_sk2_spams table is getting too big for me to handle. Can I just
empty it?

Austin Matzko

Sep 10, 2009, 11:21:52 AM9/10/09
to sk2-g...@googlegroups.com
On Wed, Sep 9, 2009 at 11:21 PM, chrischee18<chris...@gmail.com> wrote:
> The wp_sk2_spams table is getting too big for me to handle. Can I just
> empty it?

The Snowball Effect SK plugin uses it, for example, to reward regular,
previously-approved commenters with good karma, so you might lose that
benefit if you delete the entries. Perhaps you could delete
everything except the last couple of weeks' worth of entries to keep
some benefit for recent commenters.

But no matter what, in my opinion there's no great loss if you clear
out the table.

We really should look into more efficient ways of storing data, as
wp_sk2_spams does it about as inefficiently as possible.