Spam Karma wiki updates etc

Stephen Rider

May 15, 2009, 1:28:49 PM5/15/09
to sk2-g...@googlegroups.com
Hi all --

The Spam Karma list has been pretty quiet of late. Just wanted to
point out that I've made some changes on the Google Code site,
including adding third-party plugin info to the wiki.

Also -- I realized that there was apparently no download available
*anywhere* (oops!), as Dr Dave no longer has it on his site., so I
added a download of version 2.3.

http://code.google.com/p/spam-karma/

Regards,
Stephen Rider

--
Stephen Rider
http://striderweb.com/

Xavier Borderie

Jul 31, 2009, 8:58:39 AM7/31/09
to sk2-g...@googlegroups.com
> The Spam Karma list has been pretty quiet of late.  Just wanted to
> point out that I've made some changes on the Google Code site,
> including adding third-party plugin info to the wiki.

Thank you for keepin SK alive :)
I wish I could be of more help to this project.

> Also -- I realized that there was apparently no download available
> *anywhere* (oops!), as Dr Dave no longer has it on his site., so I
> added a download of version 2.3.

Indeed! Nice move! :)
Might be nice too to have it on wp.org's Extend - you never know,
there might be more versions to come! :)

--
Xavier Borderie

Stephen Rider

Aug 1, 2009, 11:57:58 AM8/1/09
to sk2-g...@googlegroups.com

On Jul 31, 2009, at 7:58 AM, Xavier Borderie wrote:

>> The Spam Karma list has been pretty quiet of late. Just wanted to
>> point out that I've made some changes on the Google Code site,
>> including adding third-party plugin info to the wiki.
>
> Thank you for keepin SK alive :)

Thanks for noticing ;-)

> I wish I could be of more help to this project.

I feel like the janitor around SK. ;-) I know how to do a lot of
"tidying up" and a bit of streamlining of UI and such, but I *don't*
know enough to do *anything* regarding the real heart of SK -- the
actual act of blocking spam.

So I can wash the car and keep gas in the tank, but if the
transmission goes, it's going to take somebody else to fix that. The
biggest threat to the future of SK is if nobody picks up that effort
to keep up with changes to how spammers do things.

> Might be nice too to have it on wp.org's Extend - you never know,
> there might be more versions to come! :)

Considering there's a 2.4 alpha, I'm pretty sure there will be more
versions. :) I may go ahead and add it to WP Extend, though to be
honest I've never done that -- even with my other WP plugins.

Stephen

--
Stephen Rider
http://striderweb.com/nerdaphernalia/