SLOVAK/SLOVENIAN.... SLAVIC/SLAVISH

freds...@gmail.com

Nov 2, 2019, 11:37:56 PM11/2/19
My father’s parents came from the border area between Hungary and Austria. Their village was in Hungary when the left in 1907, but it has been part of Austria since the end of World War I. Their village, and many in the region, were predominantly Croatian, speaking ang maintaining a Croatian tradition. The area is today called Burgenland. All through my youth, the people coming from such Croatian villages To the Souyh Bend Indiana area referred to themselves and their language as “slavish.”