Long list of names

Rick Berkobien

May 13, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/13/98

I have not been on the SW list for a short time, and awhile back posted
what I have of my Slovakian tree on a web site at:
http://www.metronet.com/~rberkobi/family/surnames.html I sent a message to
SW about its locale, but am not sure if that message ever made it to SW as
I either inadvertently unsubscribed to the list or somehow was knocked off.
Anyway, much of the research I am using comes from a hand-drawn chart that
my second cousin, Jim Sapek, painstakingly drew. So, some of the names on
my web site (and those below) have misspellings and incorrect genders tied
to last names (some of Jim's information was incomplete, writing is hard to
read, etc.)

Jim also included on his chart a hundred or so names of his side of the
family that are not part of my blood-line, but I thought the research may
be of use to others. So, I entered it in to a Family Treemaker file. Below
are the names. Most of these folks appeared to have lived/died (and many
are still living) in Dohnany.

In a number of cases, where I have signified with a (?), I was unsure of
the gender of the name and/or the last name was not on the chart, so I may
have guessed if the person was male or female. There are also many where I
have guessed at the female variation of the name (e.g., is the female
variation of "Kohutar" spelled "Kohutarova"?). I may have also listed the
correct male name and my guess as to the female variation (e.g., Janacek
and Janacekova)

I would like to correct as many errors as possible in this list and make it
available to anyone who would like it or perhaps upload it to public domain
web site.

If anyone has the time to provide suggested corrections, I would appreciate
it. You can e-mail me directly at: rber...@metronet.com. In the
meantime, if anyone sees a name on this list that is of interest, I don't
have much more data than what is below, but would be glad to try and put
you in touch with Jim Sapek (who I don't think has e-mail).

Thanks

-------------------
Name Birth date Death date

Iveta (Bocan??)
Alena Janacek (Janacekova?)
Daniela Janacek (Janacekova?)
Olga Kohutar (Kohutarova?)
Vlasta Kohutar (Kohutarova?) March 05, 1955
Anna Riedlova (Sapak) July 03, 1929
Kvetoslava Sapak (or Sapakova?)
Viera Abertany
Alena
Alena
Anna
Daniel Badura
Frantisek Badura
Jozef Badura March 18, 1945 January 26, 1984
Eva Badurova(?)
Lubomira Badurova(?)
Anna Baskova
Zdenek Bocan
Vaclay Cabadaj September 03, 1954
Rudolf Caban
Jaroslav Chalupcik October 20, 1958
Lenka Chalupcikova(?)
Zueana Chalupcikova(?)
Stanislav Cvirik April 09, 1921
Karol Cvirikova(?) November 04, 1944 November 12, 1945
Emilia
Eva
Julius Gabco
Vlasta Gabkova
Frantisek Ganosko
Ivan Ganosko
Jozef Ganosko
Pavel Ganosko
Pavel Ganosko October 14, 1913
Anna Ganoskova(?) June 09, 1944
Jozefina Ganoskova(?) May 27, 1946
Jozefina Harnadkova August 22, 1898 November 15, 1978
Anna Hrbackova November 16, 1938
Pavol Hrevs
Pavel Janacek
Pavel Janacek
Jozefina March 20, 1888 December 23, 1965
Jakub Jugas November 21, 1894
Jozef Jugas
Emilia Jugasova(?)
Metoda Jugasova(?) July 04, 1915
Olga Jurigova(?)
Jozef Kohutar January 14, 1942
Peter Kohutar
Stefan Kohutar July 05, 1906
Stefan Kohutar April 24, 1943
Victor Kohutar
Ursula Kontisova October 24, 1897
Miroslava Kuchtova March 02, 1955
Jan Labaj
Anna Leskova November 07, 1932
Jozef Machyl
Maria Machyl
Zdenka Machyl
Maria
Agnes Masar February 15, 1901
Anna Mettova 1909
Cvirik Mikulas December 06, 1892 September 12, 1977
Jan Musak
Jana Musakova
Anna Muskova December 12, 1935
Dubnica Namvahom
Slavomir Nosal
Johana Ockaj
Josefina Ockaj
Alexander Riedl
Alexander Riedl
Alexander Riedl August 16, 1927 June 24, 1976
Jozef Riedl
Miroslav Riedl
Andrea Riedlova
Irena Riedlova
Helena Rycholva February 02, 1936 1961
Dusan Samko
Dusan Samko September 01, 1941
Lubomir Samko
Anton Sapak July 29, 1952
Cyril Sapak 1914
Daniel Sapak
Emil Sapak July 29, 1931
Frantisek Sapak
Frantisek Sapak April 03, 1884
Ignac Sapak 1858
Jan Sapak
Jan Sapak
Jan Sapak Abt 1810
Jozef Sapak
Jozef Sapak
Jozef Sapak October 12, 1922
Jozef Sapak Abt 1931 1949
Jozef Sapak July 07, 1955
Karol Sapak November 12, 1925
Klement Sapak November 20, 1881 September 27, 1926
Lukas Sapak Abt 1889
Matus Sapak September 11, 1911
Milan Sapak
Ondrej Sapak
Pavel Sapak
Pavel Sapak January 17, 1892
Peter Sapak
Stefan Sapak August 14, 1896 May 1958
Stefan Sapak July 05, 1924
Agnesa Sapakova February 04, 1901 May 22, 1970
Anna Sapakova
Anna Sapakova June 29, 1918
Anna Sapakova December 14, 1925
Anna Sapakova November 13, 1945
Anna Sapakova January 13, 1949
Antonia Sapakova June 02, 1894 March 06, 1965
Eva Sapakova
Helena Sapakova
Helena Sapakova January 04, 1958
Irena Sapakova September 26, 1922
Jana Sapakova
Jozefina Sapakova
Katarina Sapakova
Klementian Sapakova December 05, 1908
Lubomira Sapakova
Maria Sapakova
Maria Sapakova November 02, 1929
Maria Sapakova December 29, 1955
Marta Sapakova September 24, 1955
Martina Sapakova
Monica Sapakova May 01, 1951
Monika Sapakova
Vincencia Sapakova September 26, 1922
Ladislav Sivy
Pavel Staso
Pavel Staso
Viktor Staso
Viktor Staso
Emilia Stasova(?)
Lenka Stasova(?)
Maria Stasova September 08, 1888 April 30, 1958
Jozefina Strapacova October 28, 1926
Anton Vrabel
Frantisek Vrabel
Frantisek Vrabel April 10, 1905
Frantisek Vrabel June 12, 1935
Jan Vrabel January 09, 1944
Jan Vrabel September 01, 1944
Milan Vrabel
Milan Vrabel December 10, 1938
Roman Vrabel
Agnesa Vrablova June 10, 1912
Alena Vrablova
Anna Vrablova January 13, 1945
Emilia Vrablova July 18, 1930
Helena Vrablova
Jan Vrablova
Katarina Vrablova
Maria Vrablova
Monika Vrablova
Olga Vrablova June 06, 1949
Vana Vrablova
Zubana Vrablova
Michaela Zadrapa(?)
Miroslav Zadrapa(?)
Miroslav Zadrapa(?) February 06, 1953
Jan Zigo April 03, 1947
Daniela Zigova(?)
Monika Zigova(?)
Alojz Zvonek
Frantisek Zvonek
Helena Zvonek
Jozef Zvonek
Jozef Zvonek April 12, 1932
Marta Zvonek
Olga Zvonek
Anna Zvonkova May 25, 1924

***********************
Rick Berkobien, The Arc
rber...@metronet.com
http://TheArc.org/

anth...@mnsi.net

May 14, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/14/98

After reading your long letter, I decided to write in case there is a
connection between the janacek in your letter and my last name
Janecka. I wonder if the difference is due to the endings put on names
to designate the person's position in the family.

Hope to hear from you

Tony Janecka

anth...@mnsi.net

May 14, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/14/98

After reading your letter about the long list of names, I decided to
write to you since my last name is Janecka....I wonder if somehow
there is a connection with a change in the ending of the name due to
the person's position in the family at one time or another.

Hope to hear back from you

Tony Janecka

Rick Berkobien

May 14, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/14/98

Have already detected a few errors in some of the names, so it could very
well be one in the same. The only other info I have is a that Pavel
Janacek (with the "smiley face" above the c) married Anna Sapakova, and
below Pavel's name is what I thought was an address: "02001 Puchov by the
cemetery." However, this same 02001 Puchov (but without "by the cemetery)
is under various names on this chart, so either many of the family lived in
the same house or perhaps this marks a district. I believe it must be in
Dohnany. Perhaps someone on the list can shed some light on what this means.

Pavel and Anna had 3 children: Pavel, Alena and Daniela. Anna's father,
Matus Sapek, was born Sept. 11,1911 and I don't have a birth dates for Anna
or Pav [they probably called him Pav :) ], so you have to guess at their ages.

Hope this helps.