SJTUFA Office Will be Closed During 2015-12-24 thru 2016-01-03

Katherine He

Dec 4, 2015, 12:47:36 PM12/4/15
to SJTUFA
Dear SJTU alumni,
Happy holidays to you and your family!
The SJTUFA office will be closed during the Xmas-New Year period due to travel. If you intend to make donations to SJTU for the 2015 tax year, please kindly send out checks no later than Dec 15 in order to have them processed this year. Or you won't be able to deduct tax until 2016.
You may always make online donation at anytime that is convenient for you. Please see detailed instruction at http://www.sjtufa.org/donations.htm. We recommend online donation for amount under $500 for easy processing, please do print a receipt or keep the donation receipt email for your tax record.
For donations in higher amount, we really appretiate that you send a check. PayPal charges a 2.5% fee that does add up. Up to now SJTUFA has been covering the charges, and the full amount of your original donation has been transferred to SJTU. [Example: You donated $1000 online, SJTUFA actually received ~$975 after the PayPal fee, but SJTUFA still sent $1000 to SJTU in your name]
Thanks a lot for your continued support to our alma mater!