Holiday Greetings--for real this time!

Sarah Stevenson

Dec 17, 2013, 2:13:46 PM12/17/13
to sjs-author...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone!

This update is long overdue, but it IS just in time to wish you all a very happy and relaxing holiday season. Fall and winter are some of the favorite times--fall, because the weather is mild and the leaves change, and the quality of light changes, too; and winter, because it's a gentle one here in California but still ALL THE PLANTS DIE, so my allergies improve.

Anyway, it's been a busy few months on the author front, so here are a few updates--but first, please remember I have TWO young adult novels that make absolutely excellent Christmas presents. :) You can find The Latte Rebellion and Underneath at brick-and-mortar bookstores (though you might have to order it), and online via Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and IndieBound.

At the end of November, I also finished a major draft of my upcoming novel, which will be my third book: The Truth Against the World, to be published next summer. For more information, please visit:
http://sarahjamilastevenson.com/novels.html

Also in November, I presented at the KidLitCon 2013 in Austin, Texas, which is the conference for bloggers in children's and YA literature. I presented with Jen Robinson of Jen Robinson's Book Page (jkrbooks.typepad.com) on Fighting Blogger Burnout, and I also moderated a panel. It was fun to meet so many people I've known for so long online, and reunite with old friends!

This fall, I also did school visits at Oakdale Junior High School and Vanguard College Preparatory Academy, which were a fantastic opportunity to talk directly with readers. I'll have the chance to do that again in February when I give my very first Keynote address at the Kids' Literary Conference for Hickman Charter Schools--to 150 students! Yikes.

That's about it for now. I'll send another update in the New Year! And please feel free to visit my YA lit blog with fellow author Tanita Davis at http://writingya.blogspot.com

Warm regards,
Sarah

--
Sarah Jamila Stevenson | writer ~ artist ~ editor ~ graphic designer

http://www.sarahjamilastevenson.com
http://www.latte-rebellion.com