USDA drought monitor update

Mikulak, Kathryn

Sep 20, 2021, 1:48:09 PM9/20/21
to SJC Farm and Food Listserv, Digest recipients

FYI – FSA drought assistance program update:

From: Chamberlain, Susan - FSA, Mount Vernon, WA <susan.ch...@usda.gov>

Hi COC members -

8 consecutive weeks at D2 on the drought monitor …….. finally!   LFP triggered in 2021!

The official start date is Monday, September 20.  Tammy and Linda will be administering the programs for our counties and will run reports to identify all folks that timely reported grazing acres.  They will be calling, sending emails or letters to these folks in the coming days to alert them LFP triggered for one monthly payment for our counties and provide details about the program and how to sign up.

If you are contacted by anyone that is new to our office or does not report acres, they can still apply for the program but will be required to pay a late file fee to report acres and we may need to spot check a field or two (might ask a COC member to do a drive by too).

If someone contacts you about LFP, please forward this contact info:

Main office line is 360-428-7684 ext. 2, ask for Tammy or Linda

Emails:

tammy....@usda.gov

linda....@usda.gov

One new thing they tossed at us this year, livestock inventory records and leases for non-owned ground are required before we can approve any applications.  We don’t need anything fancy for inventory records, just something that helps support inventory numbers listed on an application.  For leases, again nothing fancy, but if folks don’t have one, we can provide them with a FSA form their landlord can sign.  Tammy and Linda will be able to help you with details about inventory and lease records.

Thanks and have a great week!

Sue Chamberlain

County Executive Director

2005 E College Way Suite 203

Mount Vernon, WA 98273

360-428-7684 ext. 2 (phone)

877-716-5751 (fax)

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it may contain confidential information and is intended solely for use by the individual to whom it is addressed.  If you received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender, do not disclose its contents to others and delete it from your system.

8 consecutive weeks at D2 - LFP trigger for San Juan, Island and Skagit Counties.pdf