Drought Assistance Resources

Skip to first unread message

Mikulak, Kathryn

Jul 23, 2021, 3:04:05 PM7/23/21
to SJC Farm and Food Listserv, Digest recipients

SJC Farming Community-  

Last week, a drought emergency order was issued for almost the entire state of Washington, including San Juan County, after the state received less than 75% of its normal precipitation over the previous 90 days. The Department of Ecology is authorized to process emergency water right requests for those who already have water rights. Applications for emergency water permits or temporary transfers of water rights are available by calling the DOE’s Northwest Regional Office help desk: 206-594-0193.


Read more about the declaration here: July 14 2021 Drought Declaration WA State Dept of Ecology


If you think you may qualify for federal assistance, visit USDA’s disaster assistance discovery tool. You can also visit WSDA’s drought information webpage for more details on available resources.


Contact local FSA office for disaster assistance eligibility: 

Mount Vernon Farm Service Agency Office

(360) 428-7684

Susan Chamberlain  susan.ch...@usda.gov


Find drought advisory publications from WSU here: https://pubs.extension.wsu.edu/search?q=drought

Let me know if I can help you find information for specific management issues.





Kate Mikulak

Agriculture Program Coordinator

WSU Extension | San Juan County

office | 360.370.7664



WSU Extension programs and employment are available to all without discrimination. Evidence of non-compliance may be reported through your local Extension office or to the WSU Center for Human Rights.


Reply all
Reply to author
0 new messages