Weed Slayer issues

Annie McIntyre

Jun 3, 2021, 2:59:21 PM6/3/21
to San Juan County WA Farmers
I posted this in the Facebook group -  Farmer to Farmer Network of the San Juan Islands. I think it's important for other growers to know about, especially if you use organic practices.

I looked into using Weed Slayer for thistle and bindweed issues. It was supposed to be approved for organic use, as I dug in further it turns out that there is a class action lawsuit against it. I thought you'd want to know about it too as it's still sold in Washington State. https://www.arnslaw.com/weed-slayer

Weed Slayer contains synthetic chemicals—glyphosate and diquat—that are prohibited by federal law for use in organic farming.

Bruce Gregory

Jun 11, 2021, 5:10:31 PM6/11/21
to San Juan County WA Farmers
Yeah, it was pulled last year after several lab tests turned up these illegal chemicals in trace amounts were found.  Lots of growers really liked it as it was "effective".  Now we know why!