FW: Lopez School Garden job opportunity

Mikulak, Kathryn

Mar 30, 2022, 2:22:54 PM3/30/22
to SJC Farm and Food Listserv, Digest recipients

Hi all,

I am leaving the school garden after more than 10 years.
It is time for me to move on.
I am hopeful that an energized new person will step in and bring new life to this amazing garden.

We are looking for someone who is passionate about growing food for and with K-12 students to provide the school cafeteria with nutritious, local organic produce for the students' meals.

Prefer someone with experience planting, maintaining and harvesting vegetables. Someone who can work alone, can make a garden plan and carry it out. Someone who also works well with others. The job involves collaboration with garden teachers, culinary teacher, cafeteria chef, volunteers, students and interns.

This person would maintain the gardens at school and might work on growing projects off site with other farmers.

It’s a dynamic program, always changing and developing, yet grounded in the simple art and love of growing food.

Please pass this on the anyone you know who might be interested.

Thanks,
Suzanne Berry