Extracting emission lines from SHO + RGB images and incorporating them in true-color RGB images

Alex Woronow

Jul 1, 2022, 11:40:58 AM7/1/22
to SJAA AstroImaging
Hello, fellow imagers.

For some time now I've been using a PI script I developed that extracts emission lines from SHO/RGB data: it isolates the line signal from the omnipresent continuum radiation. I have also done a rather extensive write-up on using it and in the process, showed why both of Peris's "continuum extraction" methods are mathematically and physically wrong.

The script also maps the narrowband lines to approximate true colors and optionally mixes them into the RGB channels or/and produces a true-color SHO image.

the doc and script are in my dropbox
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/9vfssnx7n2n6ydr/AAAnTU7cylp-5efJE2AT27d7a?dl=0

Let me know if you download it and want to be kept abreast of updates, or have questions, comments, or corrections.

Alex

Richard Thornton Senegor

Jul 5, 2022, 2:42:56 PM7/5/22
to sjaa-ast...@googlegroups.com
Fascinating approach. Thanks for putting this together and sharing it! I'd love to receive updates as you develop it, and I can't wait to try it out myself :)

alex woronow

Jul 5, 2022, 3:40:07 PM7/5/22
to 'Richard Thornton Senegor' via SJAA AstroImaging
Hope it is useful for you. Let me know if something misfires or needs to be added.
Alex