A few short stacks from April & June 2022 from RCDO and Little Uvas

Rashi

Jun 27, 2022, 8:30:58 PM6/27/22
to SJAA Observers, SJAA Astro-Imaging
Hey all,

Find attached some short astro-stacks for your entertainment from RCDO & Little Uvas from April and June 2022.
Been having some guiding calibration issues with the mount but I think the short astro-stacks still came out decent.

Short stack targets for your enjoyment:
  1. Bode's Nebula (M81 & M82)
  2. Leo Triplet
  3. Sombrero Galaxy
  4. Blue Flash Nebula
  5. Comet 2017 K2 PanStarrs
  6. Dumbbell Nebula
  7. Trifid Nebula + M21 Open cluster
  8. Lagoon Nebula
  9. Eagle Nebula + Trumpler 32 Open Cluster
  10. Whirlpool Galaxy
  11. Needle Galaxy
Gear:
  • Scopes: AT72EDii (doublet), AT80EDT
  • Field Flattener: None used with AT72EDii yet, generic Orion 2" Field Flattener tested once with AT80EDT (still needs to be fine tuned)
  • Mount: AZ GTI in EQ Mode - tracking + guiding (though running into guiding calibration issues lately)
  • Filter: No filter
  • Cams: ZWO Asi 533mc pro (color), Asi 120mm guide cam
  • Mini-computer: ASIAIR Pro
Minimal and most basic post processing performed.

Two or three images might have been taken with the AT80EDT - Bode's Nebula, Leo Triplet, Sombrero (I think), rest were with the AT72EDii.

Anyways enjoy :)

Blue Flash Nebula_RG_June 2022_RCDO.jpg
Bodes Nebula_RG_April 2022_RCDO.jpg
Comet 2017 K2 Panstarrs_RG_June 2022_RCDO.jpg
Dumbell Nebula_RG_June 2022_Little Uvas.jpg
Lagoon Nebula_RG_June 2022_RCDO.jpg
Leo Triplet_RG_April 2022_RCDO.jpg
Needle Galaxy_RG_June 2022_RCDO.jpg
Sombrero Galaxy_RG_April 2022_RCDO.jpg
The Eagle Nebula_RG_June 2022_RCDO.jpg
Trifid Nebula_RG_June 2022_RCDO.jpg
Whirlpool Galaxy_RG_June 2022_Little Uvas.jpg

Regards,
--
Rashi G.

Rajah

Jun 27, 2022, 9:33:54 PM6/27/22
to Rashi, SJAA Observers, SJAA Astro-Imaging
Awesome images Rashi, I cannot un-see the creepy piano guy on lagoon now. Last I heard, Carl was still at RCDO looking for blue flash nebula :)

Rashi

Jun 28, 2022, 12:24:02 AM6/28/22
to Rajah, SJAA Observers, SJAA Astro-Imaging
Thanks Rajah, appreciate it!

Yes, now you'll never un-see the crazy/creepy piano guy in the Lagoon nebula :)

As for Carl, we'll have to find out how his search continues...tonight he must be out at Little Uvas.

--
Rashi G. (mobile)

Joe Fragola

Jun 28, 2022, 12:42:41 PM6/28/22
to sjaa-ast...@googlegroups.com, SJAA Observers
Beautiful and amazing Rashi.  You, Rajah, and the other SJAA Imagers do such a great job of capturing these stunning DSOs.

Hoping to see SJAA Member images of IC 4592, the Blue Horsehead Nebula, which is part of the larger Rho Ophiuchi nebulosity.

Joe

<Blue Flash Nebula_RG_June 2022_RCDO.jpg>
<Bodes Nebula_RG_April 2022_RCDO.jpg>
<Comet 2017 K2 Panstarrs_RG_June 2022_RCDO.jpg>
<Dumbell Nebula_RG_June 2022_Little Uvas.jpg>
<Lagoon Nebula_RG_June 2022_RCDO.jpg>
<Leo Triplet_RG_April 2022_RCDO.jpg>
<Needle Galaxy_RG_June 2022_RCDO.jpg>
<Sombrero Galaxy_RG_April 2022_RCDO.jpg>
<The Eagle Nebula_RG_June 2022_RCDO.jpg>
<Trifid Nebula_RG_June 2022_RCDO.jpg>
<Whirlpool Galaxy_RG_June 2022_Little Uvas.jpg>

Regards,
--
Rashi G.

Francesco Meschia

Jun 28, 2022, 12:47:48 PM6/28/22
to Joe Fragola, sjaa-ast...@googlegroups.com, SJAA Observers
Hi Joe – This is from a few years ago, I’d like to revisit it at some point. I need to work on setting up autofocus for my old camera lenses…

Francesco

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "SJAA Observers" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sjaa-observers/5C4DEDF1-0879-4B92-B274-50521CC98D5D%40gmail.com.

Joe Fragola

Jun 28, 2022, 1:25:52 PM6/28/22
to Francesco Meschia, sjaa-ast...@googlegroups.com, SJAA Observers
Wow.  Thanks Francesco.  So much to see in this area as we look toward the center of our galaxy.

Joe

Rashi

Jun 28, 2022, 4:01:32 PM6/28/22
to Surya Rao, JORDAN MAKOWER, Joe Fragola, SJAA Observers, SJAA Astro-Imaging
Thanks Joe, Jordan, Surya!
Appreciate the kind words :)

Francesco, thank you for sharing all the beautiful images you take and process ... amazing!
Same goes to all the amazing astro-imagers that are part of SJAA ... thank you for sharing your work with the rest of us!
So much to learn from everyone around :)

Regards,
--
Rashi G.
--

On Tue, Jun 28, 2022 at 11:29 AM Surya Rao <surya...@gmail.com> wrote:
Beautiful images Rashi!
I love that picture of Trifid nebula. That rich star field was lovely though my binos the other day.

Surya.

On Tue, Jun 28, 2022 at 11:02 AM 'JORDAN MAKOWER' via SJAA Observers <sjaa-ob...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
Those are great images.

Thank you for sharing.

Im going to try to capture some of those targets, too.

Jordan

Sent from my iPad

Rajah

Jun 28, 2022, 8:04:16 PM6/28/22
to Rashi, Surya Rao, JORDAN MAKOWER, Joe Fragola, SJAA Observers, SJAA Astro-Imaging
BTW, check this out if you could not attend live.
https://youtu.be/iG1srDXqycM, our very own Francesco.

This is seriously next level stuff.

Rashi

Jun 29, 2022, 7:49:18 PM6/29/22
to joan murphy, SJAA Observers, SJAA Astro-Imaging
Thank you Joan! :)
Glad you like them.

--
Rashi G. (mobile)

On Wed, Jun 29, 2022, 10:25 AM joan murphy <1joan...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Rashi--

Thanks so much--all the photos are beautiful!

Joan Murphy