Tuesday June 21 Imaging SIG -- Alex Woronow, AI for Astro-Imaging

Hy Murveit - SJAA Imaging SIG Host

Jun 6, 2022, 8:37:59 PM6/6/22
to sjaa-ast...@googlegroups.com
Our next Imaging SIG will take place over Zoom on Tuesday June 21, 2022 at 7:30.

Alex Woronow will discuss AI in astro-imaging.

You can sign up for the event at Meetup:
You get the Zoom link from there once you sign up.

We officially start the meeting at 7:30pm Pacific Time, but feel free to connect any time after 7pm. During the "early time" we'll make sure Alex and I can connect and share screens, etc, but after that hopefully quick setup, we'll have open Zoom socializing until the meeting starts.

Artificial Intelligence for Astro-Image Processing
Alex Woronow

For the single task of image sharpening, we have a multiple filters designed to reach our goal, and we probably will need to use several together for this singular task. Now, a single, quick, easily implement artificial intelligence tool does the job quicker and more effectively than the battery of old-school alternatives. The same is true for image noise removal, image enhancement, and image resizing, and more. My talk will describe the general approach taken by the current artificial-intelligence image-processing technology and describe and illustrate some of the results one can obtain on astro-images.

Looking forward to seeing you there!
Hy

--

Hy Murveit - Imaging SIG SJAA imagi...@sjaa.net

Hy Murveit - SJAA Imaging SIG Host

Jun 21, 2022, 4:27:29 AM6/21/22
to sjaa-ast...@googlegroups.com
Reminder--the imaging SIG is today, Tuesday Jun 21.