SJAA Board Member Elections - Feb 16th, 2019

Secretary SJAA

Jan 28, 2019, 2:08:59 AM1/28/19
to SJAA Announcements

Hello SJAA Members,

It's that time of year again.  What time is that you ask?  Time for SJAA Board member elections.  This year 5 current board members up for election, everyone with "2019" by their name on the club 'About Us' page (https://www.sjaa.net/about/officers-board-members/).   If anyone is interested in taking a board seat they are encouraged to reach out.

What are the requirements to be a board member?  What is expected of an SJAA board member?  Good questions!  In short, not very much:

  • Candidates need to have been a club member for a year (at any time in the past, not just the prior year).
  • Once elected, serve a 2 year term
  • Attend the monthly board meetings, currently 6pm-8pm at Houge Park on Saturdays nearest the full moon

And that is it!   If you want to be a program director or a member of the executive staff, you are more than welcome to offer to take on the extra responsibility, but board members are not required or even encouraged to do so.

If you are interested, please email me at the address below.  Remember, the vote will be held at the annual SJAA Potluck at Houge Park on February 16th at 8pm, so make sure to get your name to me before then.  Voting is open to all club members, so even if you aren't interested in joining the board, come by and make yourself heard (and enjoy the potluck).

Regards,
RobC

secr...@sjaa.net

Sukhada SJAA