Spring Swap Meet - March 20

SJAA Announcements

Mar 4, 2016, 12:41:25 AM3/4/16
to SJAA Announcements
Hello SJAA Members and Friends,
The Swap Meet we held last fall was such a success that this year, the annual Spring Auction will be replaced by another Swap Meet. The date has not changed; it will take place on Sunday, March 20, 2016.  In this very low-key, flea market-like event, you can make your underused astronomy gear available to the local astronomy community, and make a couple bucks while you're at it.  If you are looking for gear, come by and see what's available.

The swap meet will be held from 12 noon until about 2:30 or 3pm, depending on how quickly things slow down.  If you plan on selling items, you can show up as early as 11am to set up.  One thing we learned from the fall is that things get confusing very quickly if people are trying to set up while others are browsing their tables.  People who are only there to possibly buy items will be asked to stay outside until the doors officially open at noon.  Likewise, we'll ask fellow 'sellers' not to browse around while others are setting up.  We appreciate the cooperation.

Details are posted at the link below. Please keep in mind that doors open to sellers at 11am.
http://www.sjaa.net/annual- fall-swap-meet/

We have this on Meetup, too, the link is below.  RSVP would be appreciated!
http://www.meetup.com/SJ-Astronomy/events/229025556/

And finally, remember that this is a service to the local astronomy community. Donations of 10% of sales to the SJAA are suggested.

Hope to see you there!
Rob Jaworski
San Jose Astronomical Association, est 1954
"Because You Need Your Space"