Ephemeris Editor

SJAA Announcements

Jan 22, 2018, 9:57:40 PM1/22/18
to SJAA Announcements
Hello SJAA Members and Friends,
We'd like to recognize the work that Tom Piller has done to support SJAA's efforts to bring astronomy and science to the public.  He has done amazing, high quality work publishing the Ephemeris, the organization's quarterly newsletter, over the last four years.  On behalf of all of us, a huge Thank You to Tom!

With Tom moving on, we have a need for someone to take on the role of the newsletter production editor.  In this role, the right person can hone their desktop publishing skills using the tools of their choice while putting out the official communications of the San Jose Astronomical Association.  Although it's possible, the production editor isn't responsible for authoring any of the content, but simply putting it together.  And the options are endless; it can be a flashy publication with lots of images or something simple and straightforward.  It's really up to the editor!

If this opportunity sounds interesting, please contact Ask...@sjaa.net. We'll get back to you with answers to any questions you have, including a detailed description of what's involved.

We hope you consider this opportunity as a way to give back to the local astronomy community, and help the SJAA continue further its mission to bring astronomy and science to the public.

Please contact Ask...@sjaa.net with any questions.  Thank you!