Six on Turkey Day: The Best Sites To Learn & Teach About Thanksgiving; We Know Less About the First Thanksgiving Than You Pro

philip panaritis

Nov 18, 2018, 10:54:00 PM11/18/18
to Six on History
If you like what you find on the "Six on History" blog, please share w/your contacts.

       Here is the link to join: https://groups.google.com/d/forum/six-on-history

Six on Turkey Day: The Best Sites To Learn & Teach About Thanksgiving; We Know Less About the First Thanksgiving Than You Probably Think; Plymouth in 1621 wasn’t close to being

If you like what you find on the "Six on History" blog, please share w/your contacts.

       Here is the link to join: https://groups.google.com/d/forum/six-on-history

The Best Sites To Learn & Teach About Thanksgiving | Larry Ferlazzo's Websites of the Day...

We Know Less About the First Thanksgiving Than You Probably Think

Thanksgiving History, Myth, Legend, Parades, and Turkey: Alan Singer’s Thanksgiving Huffington Post

https://www.huffingtonpost. com/entry/thanksgiving- history-myth-legend-parades- and-turkey_us_ 5a155dc8e4b009b331ad75ff
Did the Pilgrims celebrate the first Thanksgiving in 1621 with their Wampanoag Indian neighbors? Did Abraham Lincoln reinvent Thanksgiving in 1863 to com...
Alan Singer, Director, Secondary Education Social Studies
Teaching Learning Technology
290 Hagedorn Hall / 119 Hofstra University / Hempstead, NY 11549
(P) 516-463-5853 (F) 516-463-6196

Follow Alan on Twitter: https://twitter.com/ ReecesPieces8

--

Jill Lepore (2) Witness to Violence - An historian interprets the uses and justifications of cruelty in colonial America..pdf
Thanksgiving at a Civil War camp in 1862. WINSLOW HOMER.jpg
The authors of a book on myths about Native Americans think that the scene, depicted in this painting of the first Thanksgiving by J.L.M. Ferris, doesn't tell the real story..jpg
thanks-giving.jpg
knowyourstuffing_2016.pdf thanksgiving.pdf
SURJ_Thanksgiving_Toolkit.pdf
Mr. Hill, center, celebrated Thanksgiving with fellow militiamen and potential recruits last year..jpg
Last Thanksgiving.jpg
Thanksgiving tantrums..jpg
Union troops of 5th and 9th Corps receiving Thanksgiving rations during the American Civil War, c. 1864.jpg
painting thanksgiving masks.jpg
Barred Plymouth Rocks, A.O. Schilling, 1930..jpg
Plymouth_Colony_map.svg.png
Eastern Pequot Petition (1873) with the illegible phrase “I am as said Hasmin cheldrew,” New London County Court Records,.jpg
An engraving showing the Pequot War.jpg
John Underhill.pdf
TR Underhill.pdf
The Thanksgiving Recipes Googled in Every State.png
Jennie A. Brownscombe’s ‘The First Thanksgiving at Plymouth’ (1914)..jpg