Six on Gaza: '50 Wounded' as Palestinians March on Border for Fifth Week; Haley: Hamas using ‘children as cannon fodder’ in G

philip panaritis

Apr 30, 2018, 3:00:34 PM4/30/18
to Six on History
       If you like what you find on the "Six on History" blog, please share w/your contacts.

       Here is the link to join: https://groups.google.com/d/forum/six-on-history

Six on Gaza: '50 Wounded' as Palestinians March on Border for Fifth Week; Haley: Hamas using ‘children as cannon fodder’ in Gaza; The Insanity at the Gaza Fence; unusually severe and devastating gunshot injuries; If you were Gazan, what would you do?; Israeli diplomat calls on American students ‘to restore the honor’ of vilified word– Zionism;

Gaza Protests: '50 Wounded' as Palestinians March on Border for Fifth Week

Six of the wounded in this week's protest, themed 'rebellious youth,' are reportedly journalists

“We will turn this deal into a resounding slap in the face for the administration in Washington and anyone who weaves conspiracies against the Palestinian people,” added Haniyeh.

Forty-two Palestinians have been killed and 5,511 were wounded in the mass protests since March 30, the United Nations Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs reported on Tuesday.

On Friday, the UN Human Rights chief Zeid Ra'ad al-Hussein said that Israel must address the use of excessive force in Gaza, and that the loss of life is "deplorable," and that "the number of injuries is staggering."

Gaza protests: '50 wounded' as Palestinians march on border for fifth week

MSF teams in Gaza observe unusually severe and devastating gunshot injuries

Israeli diplomat calls on American students ‘to restore the honor’ of vilified word– Zionism

If you were Gazan, what would you do?

"But here’s what I keep asking as I sit in comfort in my freely chosen home in Jerusalem, a citizen of the first sovereign Jewish state in 2,000 years:

What would I do? If I were born and grew up in Gaza, in a place where 1.8 million human beings are packed into a tiny piece of land; if I were oppressed and neglected by my own leaders, besieged on one side by Israel and the other by Egypt, cut off for the past decade from the rest of the world; if I had no access to clean water or adequate medical treatment, just a few hours of electricity a day, no prospect of employment; if I longed to overcome this miserable existence and dreamed of the stories my parents and grandparents told me about my idyllic ancestral home just a few kilometers away, which I had never seen and would likely never be permitted to see; if I had a deep respect for human life and abhorrence of killing — and an equal fury at the deaths of thousands of my family members, friends, and neighbors in three brutal wars in the past decade. What would I do? What would you do?"

Hamas pays families of Gazans killed in border clashes with Israel

Relatives of fatalities receive $3,000, injured Palestinians paid $200-$500 in compensation

Mohamed Shuman playing music near the wreckage of his family’s house, Gaza City, June 2015.jpg
Palestinian children play in old damaged cars in Gaza City's eastern suburb of Al-Shejaiya on Febrauray 3.jpg
Palestinians take part in a rally in Gaza City Monday marking the 28th anniversary of Hamas' founding.jpg
gaza-siege.jpg
Balfour demonstration in Gaza, it's time to apologize.jpg
Palestinians posing for selfies on a pier by the Mediterranean Sea, Gaza City, March 2017.jpg
Eight-year-old Osama does his homework at his family home. Blackouts are common in the Gaza Strip, where residents receive less than eight hours of electricity a day..jpg
A Palestinian boy who lives in a container as a temporary replacement for his house that was destroyed in the 2014 war, jumps over a flooded path on a rainy day in Beit Hanoun in the northern Gaza Strip.jpg
Muslims across the world celebrate the annual festival of Eid al-Adha 2015, or the Festival of Sacrifice. Gaza.jpg
Palestinian protesters hurled stones at Israeli troops at the Gaza border on Friday.jpg
Agricultural fields at the Nir Oz kibbutz near Gaza on the Israeli side.jpg
Palestinian demonstrators tried to pull down part of the fence separating Israel from Gaza..jpg
A wounded protester was evacuated on Friday near Khan Younis, Gaza.jpg
MilsteinMati_14April 6, 2018 Palestinian residents of the Gaza Strip assemble in protest on the border as Israeli soldiers look on..jpg
Palestinians in the southern Gaza Strip wait for travel permits on Tuesday to cross into Egypt through the Rafah border crossing after it was opened by Egyptian authorities..jpg
Palestinian schoolchildren attend a lesson, on the first day of a new school year, at a United Nations-run school in Khan Young in the southern Gaza Strip,.jpg
A Palestinian boy rides a donkey outside his family's house in Beit Lahiya town in the northern Gaza Strip,.jpg