Six on D-Day: An Unforgettable Day; D-Day will fade from memory if we don’t teach the youth; Eisenhower had a second, secret

panaritisp

Jun 5, 2019, 8:46:31 PM6/5/19
to Six on History
 If you like what you find on the "Six on History" blog, please share w/your contacts.

       Here is the link to join: https://groups.google.com/d/forum/six-on-history

Six on D-Day: An Unforgettable Day; D-Day will fade from memory if we don’t teach the youth; Eisenhower had a second, secret D-day message; D-Day, Canada’s moment: ‘We had a job to do – and we did it’; The Army's First Black Nurses Were Relegated to Caring for Nazi Prisoners of War; Tragic Story of What Happened to Women After D-Day;

An Unforgettable Day Natl. Archives

Eisenhower had a second, secret D-day message

"Our landings in the Cherbourg-Havre area have failed to gain a satisfactory foothold and I have withdrawn the troops. My decision to attack at this time and place was based upon the best information available. The troops, the air and the Navy did all that Bravery and devotion to duty could do. If any blame or fault attaches to the attempt it is mine alone."

D-Day, Canada’s moment: ‘We had a job to do – and we did it’

342-FH-51766AC.jpg
Robert Capa, D-Day 2.jpg
Robert Capa, Omaha Beach D-Day 1.jpg
Robert Capa, Utah Beach, D Day.jpg
Robert Capa, D-Day.jpg
Robert Capa, D Day TIME.jpg
Robert Capa, D Day Omaha Beach.jpg
Photograph of American troops approaching Omaha Beach, Normandy, on D-Day.jpg
juno-reinforcements.jpgCanadian soldiers disembark at Juno Beach in Normandy, France during the D-Day invasion on June 6, 1944.jpg
world-war-2-in-color-d-day.jpgU.S. troops, among the first to land during the D-Day invasion, approach the beaches of Normandy, France, likely near Saint-Laurent-sur-Mer, on June 6, 1944..jpg
Ruins, northwestern France, summer 1944, after D-Day..jpg
111-SC-189996.jpg
June 6, 1944. Rabbi Stephen S. Wise at the D-day rally in Madison Square.jpg
April 30, 2019, A German defence bunker lies in ruins on Juno Beach. D Day.jpg
Landing craft with Canadian troops approach the Normandy beach during the D-Day invasion..jpg
About 14,000 Canadians either landed at Juno Beach or were dropped behind enemy lines. D Day.jpg
A map of the D-Day landing plan shows the Allied forces' crossing of the English Channel..jpg
Normandy, June 6, 1944, Canadian soldiers leave landing craft and walk toward the coast of Nazi-occupied France. D-Day,.jpg
Lieutenants Philippe and Maurice Rousseau, 1st Canadian Parachute Battalion, at a transit camp near Down Ampney, England. Both officers were later killed in action, Philippe in June 1944 and Maurice in September 1944 D Day.jpg
Front side of postcards sent by the Juno Beach Centre to mark the 75th anniversary of D-Day. The postcards were mailed to 355 Canadian homes were someone died during D Day.jpg