Six on 2020 Election(s): Everything You Need to Know About the [tomorrow's] Democratic Primary Debates; Why Trump 2020 Fears Warren; [Redacted] or Bust; Biden Invokes Dead Family Members Against Medicare for All, Media Play Along;How disinformation c

panaritisp

Sep 11, 2019, 10:02:53 AM9/11/19
to Six on History
If you like what you find on the "Six on History" blog, please share w/your contacts.

       Here is the link to join: https://groups.google.com/d/forum/six-on-history

Six on 2020 Election(s): Everything You Need to Know About the [tomorrow's] Democratic Primary Debates; Why Trump 2020 Fears Warren; [Redacted] or Bust; Biden Invokes Dead Family Members Against Medicare for All, Media Play Along;How disinformation could sway the 2020 election; Dare We Dream of the End of the G.O.P.?

"The lineups have been set and the rules have been laid out for the third Democratic primary debate"

[Redacted] or Bust

[Redacted] or Bust

As Biden Invokes Dead Family Members Against Medicare for All, Media Play Along

FAIR

As Biden Invokes Dead Family Members Against Medicare for All, Media Play Along

view post on FAIR.org

by Joshua Cho

Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden last month released a new Iowa TV ad called “Personal,” which recounts the former vice president’s personal tragedy of losing his wife and daughter to a car crash, and the subsequent loss of his son Beau Biden from brain cancer.

Biden presented his story as a celebration of for-profit health insurance by saying that he “couldn’t imagine” what it would’ve been like if their insurance didn’t cover the healthcare required “immediately,” and that he couldn’t “fathom” what would’ve happened if the insurance companies had said for the last six months of his son’s life, “You’re on your own.”

The advertisement continued Biden’s practice of dishonestly conflating Republicans who want to repeal the Affordable Care Act—also known as Obamacare—with those advocating a national health insurance program like most developed countries have. He mentions in the same breath Donald Trump’s efforts to repeal the ACA and proposals for a Medicare for All system, as advocated by rival primary contenders like Bernie Sanders and Elizabeth Warren:

Healthcare is personal to me. Obamacare is personal to me. When I see the president try to tear it down, and others propose to replace it and start over. That’s personal to me too. We’ve got to build on what we did because every American deserves affordable healthcare.

Corporate media uncritically transmitted the ad’s message as if it were merely a campaign strategy, instead of explaining what Biden, Sanders and Warren’s proposals actually are, and clarifying for voters whether Biden’s charges against his primary opponents are accurate.

CNN: Biden Gets 'Personal' in New TV Ad in Iowa Focused on Healthcare

CNN (8/27/19) does not question why, if the lesson of his personal experience is that “every American deserves affordable healthcare,” Biden supports a policy that would continue to leave millions without health insurance."

How disinformation could sway the 2020 election

Dare We Dream of the End of the G.O.P.?

"Toward the end of his new book, “R.I.P. G.O.P.,” the renowned Democratic pollster Stanley Greenberg makes a thrilling prediction, delivered with the certainty of prophecy. “The year 2020 will produce a second blue wave on at least the scale of the first in 2018 and finally will crash and shatter the Republican Party that was consumed by the ill-begotten battle to stop the New America from governing,” he writes.

It sounds almost messianic: the Republican Party, that foul agglomeration of bigotry and avarice that has turned American politics into a dystopian farce, not just defeated but destroyed. The inexorable force of demography bringing us a new, enlightened political dispensation. Greenberg foresees “the death of the Republican Party as we’ve known it,” and a Democratic Party “liberated from the nation’s suffocating polarization to use government to advance the public good.” I’d like to believe it, and maybe you would too. But should we?"

The Women’s March in Washington in January. In a new book, Stanley Greenberg argues the “rising American electorate” of millennials, people of color and single women will ensure Democratic victory in 2020.jpg
Trump Presidency.jpg
Biden 2nd Debate.jpg
Fighting at the polls. Illustration from Harper’s Weekly, November 7, 1857..jpg
The road to the polls include a crawl through the desert and dodging a crowd shouting insults..jpg
flagSupporters turned out hours before President Trump appeared at a rally in Orlando to kick off his re-election campaign.jpg
Jobs Looking toward the upcoming Presidential race, a key question is how long this cycle can last, and whether there is anything on the horizon that could send the economy into a pre-election tailspin..jpg
The County Election, George Caleb Bingham.jpg
Help, I Can't Look Away From Joe Biden's Bloody Eyeball 2020.png
base-less-strategy-1-f77 2020.jpg
A billboard showing Elizabeth Warren that says, Warren. Break up big tech. At Fourth on Townsend streets in San Francisco, seen on Thursday, May 30, 2019 2020.jpg
Democratic presidential candidate Elizabeth Warren, D-Mass., speaks during a rally in St. Paul, Minn..jpg
wARREN.png
There is a crucial difference between American progressives like Elizabeth Warren and American moderates.jpg
The starkest apparent point of contrast between Elizabeth Warren and Bernie Sanders lies in how the two Presidential candidates describe themselves ideologically. 2020.jpg
Biden’s Pitch to Voters - Dream Small.jpeg