Six on "our" Economy: After a Tax Crackdown, Apple Found a New Shelter for Its Profits; the GOP Plan to Create a 529 Account

1 view

philip panaritis

Nov 8, 2017, 12:37:26 AM11/8/17
to Six on History

After a Tax Crackdown, Apple Found a New Shelter for Its Profits

the GOP Plan to Create a 529 Account for K-12 Private Schools

"All sorts of goodies are tucked away in the GOP tax reform proposal for their base. One of them is a tax plan to put money away tax-free to pay for private school tuition. This is modeled on the current 529 plan, which enables people to save for college tuition. The special treat in the new GOP Proposal is that families can put money away for the “unborn,” thus inserting the language of the anti-abortion groups into federal legislation and recognizing that a fetus is a person. The irony is that these groups are ambivalent about the word “choice.” They favor school choice, but oppose a woman’s choice to have an abortion."

The Highest and Lowest Incomes for America’s City Slickers

All throughout history, people have gone to cities to take advantage of the wealth and business. We wanted to know which metropolitan areas offered the best opportunities for Americans, so we looked at data for all 382 metros.

Click here to Reply or Forward
I-believe-that-despite.jpg
BANANAS-The Hermann Hesse at the Red Hook Container Terminal in Brooklyn.jpg
BANANA-The digital display outside a ripening room; a thermometer inside a box of bananas to monitor the ripening process; and an ethylene generator, which helps speed up and control the ripening.jpg
BANANA-Lot C at Hunts Point Produce Market in the Bronx.jpg
BANAnas Bananas are shipped green and ripened at facilities like Exp Group in New Jersey..jpg
Bananas by fast train, 1890 Greeks in Chicago (2).jpg
If-you-are-neutral-in.jpg
I-remember-a-story-that.jpg
If-we-only-wanted-to-be.jpg
If-those-in-charge-of.jpg
imrs (4).jpg
immigrants and low-skilled jobs.png
If-everyone-demanded.jpg
Hurricane Harvey offers lessons Republicans will probably ignore.jpg