Six on Schools: In which I explain how I unintentionally spread fake news about Bill Gates and now set the record straight; a

1 view

philip panaritis

Jan 5, 2018, 5:43:35 PM1/5/18
to Six on History
f you like what you find on the "Six on History" blog, please share w/your contacts.

       Here is the link to join: https://groups.google.com/d/forum/six-on-history

      Don't forget to check out the "curated" images attached to this post

                                                     Thanks

In which I explain how I unintentionally spread fake news about Bill Gates and now set the record straight

"So you heard it here first:  As far as I know, Bill Gates has NOT renounced his support of any of the above policies, including charter schools, online learning, Common Core standards or the data-mining of students.

He did NOT say that he would push for meaningful research-based reforms in our public schools like small classes, or any of the other benefits provided him or his kids at their private schools

This is easily ascertained by looking at his foundation's recent K12 grants

See this one from April of 2017,  for example, in which he awarded $225 to the Seattle public schools "to ensure the K-12 team’s work in equity is grounded in the real experiences of teachers, we must engage them directly in our learning." Yes, you read it right, an entire $225 to ensure K12 equity in the Seattle public schools.

Compare that to this grant in June: $10 million "to support implementation of the Summit Learning program in targeted geographies."  This will help them expand their online learning platform further into public schools, where it has  caused many students to become bored and disengaged, according to their parents, and to lose the control of their children's personal data to the CEO of the Summit charter chain, without their consent.

He may be getting older, as are the rest of us, but apparently no wiser."

Bill Gates has a(nother) billion-dollar plan for K-12 public education. The others didn’t go so well.

The Essential Ingredient of Democracy

Kansas Teacher Barred From Employment Due To Her Support For Boycott Movement
Bronx HS-MS teachers en route to No. Brother Island.jpg
teacher-chalkboard-art-hirotaka-hamasaki14 (1).jpg
Teacherleadership-has-1xa7fwc (1).jpg
IMG_5482.jpg
31747106855_5ffeec7be4_k.....jpg
Director's perch.jpg
Circle of life.jpg
At Beecher Street School, whose student body consists of half Americans of Italian descent and half of Americans of Polish descent, Southington, Conn..jpg
download (6).png
Dont-tell-students-whattttt-1l3zdik.jpg
187-Website.png
A-teacher-rewarded-onlygggggggggggggggggggg-1iw0qyl (1).jpg
i-wish-my-teacher-knew-school-children-notes-kyle-schwartz-10-57c7d6196e67f__700 (2).jpg
i-wish-my-teacher-knew-school-children-notes-kyle-schwartz-11-57c7d61b0a484__700 (1).jpg
i-wish-my-teacher-knew-school-children-notes-kyle-schwartz-20-57c7d62c1f612__700 (1).jpg
How privatization of schools works An infograph.jpg
I-firmly-believe-that.jpg
My Son’s Homework Has A Barcode That When Scanned Takes Him To An Instructional Youtube Video Posted By His Teacher Related To The Lesson (3).jpg