Six on 2020 Election(s): Happy debate day; Bernie Rises Above; Elizabeth Warren Is Jussie Smollett; Tulsi Considers Boycotting Debate; Beto Proposes to Oppress Church with State; The WFP, Phony Outrage and Black Misleaders

panaritisp

Oct 15, 2019, 9:06:45 AM10/15/19
to Six on History
If you like what you find on the "Six on History" blog, please share w/your contacts.

And please don't forget to check out the pertinent images attached to every post
How to Search past posts/articles by topic or issue: Click here    h/t to John Elfrank-Dana
Thanks John and Gary

Six on 2020 Election(s): Happy debate day; Bernie Rises Above; Elizabeth Warren Is Jussie Smollett; Tulsi Considers Boycotting Debate; Beto Proposes to Oppress Church with State; The WFP, Phony Outrage and Black Misleaders

On Politics A.M.: It’s Debate Day
On Politics

October 15, 2019

Good Tuesday morning. Happy debate day. Here are some of the stories making news in Washington and politics today.

  • Coming tonight, The New York Times and CNN are hosting the next Democratic presidential debate. Watch it live on nytimes.com or the NYTimes app with real-time analysis from our reporters.
  • Former Vice President Joseph R. Biden Jr. has been more forceful in defending his family and denouncing the president in recent days. But some voters and Democratic officials think he should do more. They will be watching to see if he can deliver a debate performance that will quell doubts about his readiness to fight President Trump in a general election.
  • Fiona Hill, Mr. Trump’s former top Russia and Europe adviser, met with House impeachment investigators on Monday. She prepared to testify that she and other officials objected strenuously to the removal of the ambassador to Ukraine, only to be disregarded.
  • The White House on Monday said that the president “strongly condemns” a fake video depicting him killing members of the news media and political rivals.

Bernie Rises Above, Kamala Cries Like a Dove, and Yang’s got No Computer Love, : The Root 2020 Presidential Black Power Rankings Week 13

"His daughter-in-law died, he had a heart attack and was back at work on Monday. That’s black AF. If there’s any community that knows what it’s like to go through an unspeakable tragedy and have to pick yourself back up and grind because you can’t afford to miss one day of work (or the campaign trail) it’s black folks, and for this week at least, Bernie is one of us. Sanders used his heart attack as a springboard to talk about his “Medicare for all” plan and was a living example of why it mattered. Even though Bernie is in the financial 1 percent, he knows that millions of Americans go bankrupt from procedures much less dire and expensive than what he and his family suffered through this week. To be fair, Sanders may or may not be “scaling back” his campaign and some committee members feel some kind of way about the fact that his staff basically hid his heart attack for three days, and he’s losing more ground to Warren. However, Sanders is still second with African-American voters in some states and has more money to spend than Diddy at Howard’s homecoming. So for this week, Bernie secures the top spot."

Bernie Rises Above, Kamala Cries Like a Dove, and Yang’s got No Computer Love, : The Root 2020 Presidential Black Power Rankings Week 13

Elizabeth Warren Is Jussie Smollett

"Elizabeth Warren has a moving story about being fired from a teaching job because she was pregnant, a story that perfectly complements her political narrative that she is the tribune and champion of those who have been treated unfairly by the powerful. Joe Biden has a moving — and horrifying — story about his wife and daughter being killed by a drunk driver, a story that similarly could not have been designed more perfectly to bolster his political image as a man who can be counted on to soldier on in the face of adversity.

Elizabeth Warren has long pretended to be a person of color — a “woman of color,” the Harvard law faculty called her. (That color is Pantone 11-0602.) What Senator Warren has in common with Jussie Smollett turns out to have nothing to do with skin tone. Smollett, you’ll recall, regaled the nation with the story of a couple of violent, Trump-loving, MAGA-hat-wearing white supremacists who just happened to be cruising a gay neighborhood in Chicago on the coldest night of the year, who also just happened to be fans of Empire, who also just happened to have some rope at hand. Who happened, as it turns out, to be a couple of Nigerian brothers and colleagues of Smollett’s.

Fiction, yes. Deployed, as we are always told when these lies are exposed as lies, in the service of a larger truth, a truth of which such habitual and irredeemable liars as Warren, Biden, Smollett — and Lena Dunham, and the so-called journalists of Rolling Stone, and the perpetrators of a thousand phony campus hate-crime hoaxes — are the appointed apostles.

Tulsi Considers Boycotting Debate

"I want to thank you all very much for your support. I need to share something with you. It is very important. There are so many of you who I've met in Iowa and New Hampshire who have expressed to me how frustrated you are that the DNC and corporate media are essentially trying to usurp your role as voters in choosing who our Democratic nominee will be. I share your concerns, and I'm sure that all our supporters throughout the country do as well. The 2016 Democratic Primary election was rigged by the DNC and their partners in the corporate media against Bernie Sanders. In this 2020 election, the DNC and corporate media are rigging the election again, but this time against the American people in the early voting states of Iowa, New Hampshire, South Carolina, and Nevada. They are attempting to replace the roles of voters in the early states, using polling and other arbitrary methods which are not transparent or democratic, and holding so-called debates which are not debates at all but rather commercialized reality television meant to entertain, not inform or enlighten. In short, the DNC and corporate media are trying to hijack the entire election process. In order to bring attention to this serious threat to our democracy, and ensure your voice is heard, I am giving serious consideration to boycotting the next debate on October 15th. I will announce my decision within the next few days. With my deepest aloha, thank you all again for your support". - #TulsiGabbard #TULSI2020 #DemDebate #TulsiForPresident

YouTube

Beto Proposes to Oppress Church with State

"Beto O’Rourke’s presidential campaign is within the margin of error of non-existence, but in his failure he has found a purpose: expressing the Democratic id. His latest bid for left-wing love came at a CNN forum on gay rights, where he said that churches that oppose same-sex marriage should have to pay taxes"

The WFP, Phony Outrage and Black Misleaders

"The co-founder of Black Lives Matter has struck a cynical deal with corporate Democrats to boost Elizabeth Warren by attacking Bernie Sanders forces as racist.

“The Working Families Party is a perfect partner for the fraud because it exists only as a cover for the Democrats.”

The black misleadership class and their friends are preparing for the 2020 presidential election in a predictably shameful manner. In an effort to do the bidding of the Democratic Party establishment they are cynically using claims of racism in an effort to prop up Elizabeth Warren as the faux progressive choice.  In the process they have relegated black voter concerns to the whims of the group whose corrupt and inept machinations put Donald Trump in the White House.

This sad story begins with the Working Families Party (WFP). Despite its well chosen name it is merely a front group for the Democratic Party. The word party in their title is a misnomer. WFP rarely runs its own slate of candidates, instead Democrats run with WFP endorsements in an effort to appear progressive. The sleight of hand often succeeds in giving leftist Democratic voters hope that their center right party may actually do something they would like.

In 2016 the WFP membership endorsed Bernie Sanders with 80% of their votes. The WFP recently endorsed Elizabeth Warren but the leadership have declined to say by how much or if the vote of members differed from that of the leadership.

“The WFP relegated black voter concerns to the whims of the group whose corrupt and inept machinations put Donald Trump in the White House.”

It is fair to conclude that this reticence indicates that the game was rigged in favor of Warren and that the membership still supports Sanders. But as the old saying goes, a hurt dog hollers, and the WFP and their friends didn’t disappoint. Alicia Garza, Patrisse Cullors and others led the charge by claiming that anyone questioning the result was a racist bent on discreding WFP’s black leadership."

Giuliani 2020.jpg
A screenshot from President Trump’s re-election website, via a Facebook ad funded by his campaign committe impeachment.jpg
Echo of an Election lost bet.jpg
Maribeth Whitehouse's Voting Rights Lesson.doc
pizap-County Election.jpg
The County Election, George Caleb Bingham.jpg
Do Right by Black People 2020.jpg
October Democratic Debate 2020.png
tim191014v1_harris.cover_ 2020.jpg
Joe Biden is a pale imitation of Barack Obama 2020.jpg
2020 popularity 1.jpg
2020 voters.jpg
Presidential candidate Beto O'Rourke addresses the National Action Network's annual national convention in New York on April 3, 2019. 2020.jpg
Biden 2nd Debate.jpg