Updates to success criteria

Mahalal Ilan

Sep 30, 2011, 5:18:30 AM9/30/11
to sita...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

I have suggestions from Gemalto for added text in the Success Criteria chapter Please review and comment if you think it should be changed:

In general, the success of the project will be measured through the uptake of results generated in the project and the ensuing industrial and academic activities based on SITAC.

Regarding industry, success can be measured as availability of working prototype implementations of critical parts, usage of the architecture defined and tools identified and developed.  Additionally, we will use the number of demonstrators developed within the project that rely on the developed framework as a metric for the success of the work package. The developed demonstrators will illustrate the usefulness of the developed concepts and methods, and will be used as a vehicle to spread these methods to a wider circle of public and industrial actors. The potential of these demonstatrors will be a key measure of success as they are representative of some big social and societal challenges our society will be facing by horizon 2020.

The adoption rate of our developed methods and prototypes by external parties will serve as an additional success criterion for the project. Ultimately, success is reflected by the business success, continuing after project end, hopefully linking some of the partners from the project in common “go to market” approaches (i.e. R&D partnerships being transformed in business partnerships).

Another success for criteria will be turning by 360° the current paradigm that instead of SITAC looking initially on initiatives such as HP’s CENSE, IBM’s Smarter Planet of Cisco Planetary Skin, those initiatives will turn to the SITAC Consortium for lessons learnt.

Academically, the project will advance the state-of-the-art in several established research areas such as ubiquitous computing and data mining. Suitable journals and venues for publication span over network oriented, such as IEEE Transactions on Network management and ACM SIGCOMM; data mining and management related, such as Data and Knowledge Engineering, IEEE International Conference on Data Mining, and IEEE International Conference on Mobile Data Management; to popular periodicals such as Communications of the ACM, IEEE Communications Magazine, and IEEE Pervasive Computing. The academic success of the project will be measured directly by the number of publications and conference presentations.

Ilan

Jan-Olov Johansson

Sep 30, 2011, 5:29:32 AM9/30/11
to ilan.m...@gemalto.com, sita...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

I like the suggestion (however, turning 360 degrees usually end up pointing in the same direction J).

/Jan-olov

Mahalal Ilan

Sep 30, 2011, 6:18:44 AM9/30/11
to Jan-Olov Johansson, sita...@googlegroups.com

Right, this was an strange turning around... ;-)