FPP version 0.9 uploaded

Mahalal Ilan

Sep 29, 2011, 12:06:39 PM9/29/11
to sita...@googlegroups.com, sitac-nat...@googlegroups.com

Dear all,

I upload FPP version 0.9 (“11020_SITAC_FPP_annex_v0.990.docx” file) to the Dropbox. This version is clean without track changes except for some recent adding:

·         Success criteria

·         Digital city and citizen centric services

I still have to consider adding another security related contribution and improving the chapter on how the FPP replies to the PO comments.

Please review that all your company information is correct, WP tasks, exploitation plans, country coordination contacts etc.

After that you can sit back and think how some portion of the text can be improved or corrected… Since we have around 40 companies involved it means a real strong fire power…;)  If you count on me, and only few others, to review this document we lose the real impact of this consortium.

I will submit the FPP tomorrow evening, so you have a whole night and day to review it…J

Best regards,

Ilan

Mehmet EKMEN

Sep 30, 2011, 4:32:48 AM9/30/11
to ilan.m...@gemalto.com, sita...@googlegroups.com, sitac-nat...@googlegroups.com

Hello Ilan and partners,

Since WP5 start date is earlier now it will make more sense to move our “demonstrator related” contribution to WP5. I updated costs/efforts on itea site accordingly.

Our contribution in WP2,WP3 must be removed and contribution in WP5 can be replaced with the following;

Task 5.2 Implementation of demonstrators

Will design the sensors and actuators modules for wireless communication within house hold devices. This communication module will enable house hold devices to communicate to a central control logic over wireless network (i.e. ZigBee, WiFi, BT3.0…)

Ericsson Mikroelektronik will work on developing the software drivers APIs for sensors and actuators that will be designed in the project

Task 5.3 Validation of demonstrators

Will support Home Automation/Smart Grid use cases with the wireless commutation modules that are designed by the company. Will provide support to the use of this HW and it’s API in the demonstrator platform

Task 5.4 Analysis of the results

Results obtained in demonstrator will be used to improve performance, reliability of the wireless module

I can do the change in FPP if you prefer.

many thanks and best regards,

Mehmet

Michele Albano

Sep 30, 2011, 4:47:44 AM9/30/11
to sita...@googlegroups.com, ilan.m...@gemalto.com
Hi everybody,
Regarding Portugal, we need to modify the document in 3 points:

GS Tech contributions to WP5 have disappeared!
Please find here the contributions I sent you in the past:
""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""
GS tech Contribution TO WP5:

GS tech will focus on the vertical domain of “Energy”, to study how
SITAC's innovations can contribute to the energy-efficiency of the core
and access networks. The idea will be to provide a concrete definition
of the demonstration use-cases, that allows the SITACs ideas to be
evaluated in terms of energy effectiveness, and to compare these
against suitable baselines.
""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

Please remove the lines
"
Task2.3
Implementation
"
from Instituto de Telecomunicacoes' contributions to WP2.

Moreover, in Chapter 7:
"
Portugal: At the national level, there is a cluster that is part of the
QREN framework which identifies the priorities for Portugal. The
cluster is entitled
"Pólos De Competitividade das Tecnologias de Informação, Comunicação e
Electronica" and it identifies the following priorities:

2.10a) Development of products and innovative services that promote
enhancements in the software design and development phase
2.10b) Development of learning management systems and content
2.10c) Development of solutions for new generation networks geared
towards energy efficiency and high bit rates.
2.10d) Localization based multimedia services
2.10e) Cloud Computing and SaaS
2.10f) Wireless Sensor Networks using advanced signal processing
techniques and radio

The Sitac project is broadly aligned with priority 2.10c.
"

For the rest, Portugal's contributions are fine.

KR,
Michele

Ezequiel Gonzalez Diaz

Sep 30, 2011, 5:04:41 AM9/30/11
to mic...@av.it.pt, sita...@googlegroups.com, ilan.m...@gemalto.com
OK, done in "Description of WP5", but should be done in FPP.

Michele please tell us in which energy demonstrator you will participate to update the participants.

Ilan, are we including in FPP which partners participate in each demonstrator? That is the evidence of the interaction among the countries involved.

Kind regards,
Ezequiel

Mahalal Ilan

Sep 30, 2011, 5:51:36 AM9/30/11
to Mehmet EKMEN, sita...@googlegroups.com, sitac-nat...@googlegroups.com

You want to remove your contributions from W2 and WP3…?   I don’t think that WP5 is the right place because you must integrate and contribute in WP2 and WP3 to match your architecture. What if your solution does not integrate?

Please reconsider and let me know.

Ilan

Mahalal Ilan

Sep 30, 2011, 5:57:58 AM9/30/11
to Michele Albano, sita...@googlegroups.com
Michele,

To which tasks does GS tech contribute in WP5...?

Thanks,
Ilan

Michele Albano

Sep 30, 2011, 6:00:39 AM9/30/11
to Mahalal Ilan, sita...@googlegroups.com
Task 5.1 and Task 5.2.

They provided only one big description for their contributions to WP5 in
general. Do you want me to split the description into the 2 tasks?

Thank you,
Michele

Mahalal Ilan

Sep 30, 2011, 6:07:49 AM9/30/11
to Ezequiel Gonzalez Diaz, mic...@av.it.pt, sita...@googlegroups.com, sitac-nat...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

We don’t include in the FPP which partners participate in each demonstrator (was discussed in core team conf call) but we may say something about leading countries. I think it may add value in showing that concrete leadership is there.

This is open to a debate here. If we agree to add it I’m open to suggestions where to include it.

Rgds,

Ilan

Sep 30, 2011, 6:23:56 AM9/30/11
to Michele Albano, sita...@googlegroups.com
Yes. It should be per tasks.

Ezequiel Gonzalez Diaz

Sep 30, 2011, 6:25:25 AM9/30/11
to ilan.m...@gemalto.com, Michele Albano, sita...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I think the important issue is that partners from different countries cooperate in a same demonstrator. So, in my opinion, we may mention that countries at least.

In that case, we have to add Portugal to Turquey and Spain for "Smart grid management" demonstrator

Regards,
Ezequiel

Michele Albano

Sep 30, 2011, 6:32:33 AM9/30/11
to sita...@googlegroups.com, ilan.m...@gemalto.com
Task 5.1

GS tech will focus on the vertical domain of “Energy”, to study how
SITAC's innovations can contribute to the energy-efficiency of the core
and access networks.

Task 5.2
GS Tech will be involved into providing a concrete definition of the