Grant opportunities - Data Science and Health

Chris Fourie

May 15, 2024, 9:42:11 AMMay 15
to sisonk...@googlegroups.com, mlds-africa, masakhane-nlp
Grant opportunities Presented at Apr 2024 DS-I Africa Networking Exchange

On April 24, 2024, several grant opportunities were presented at the the DS-I Africa Networking Exchange.  The session was recorded and my be viewed https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1JweKtm_VA&t=1879s. starting at minute 31:00.  The organizations that presented are:
  • Wellcome Trust
  • Lacuna Fund - Focus on AntiMicrobial Resistance using machine learning)
  • IDRC Canada - Addressing neglected areas of sexual and reproductive health and rights in SSA - Call for letter of interest due May 13, 2024
  • NIH National Institute of Biomedical Imaging and Bioengineering

See the attached document for more info

(forwarded from the OHDSI Africa Chapter chat channel)
Research Funding Opp shared at DS-I Africa.docx

Paul Kennedy

May 15, 2024, 10:25:20 AMMay 15
to Chris Fourie, sisonk...@googlegroups.com, mlds-africa, masakhane-nlp
Thank you for sharing.

If anyone is interested in partnering with Zindi on one of these applications to propose an ML community challenge focusing on health, please send me a message and we can connect to see what is feasible. We'd love to host a challenge in this area!

Regards

Paul Kennedy | Chief of Staff

Building AI together

Paul Kennedy

May 15, 2024, 11:03:22 AMMay 15
to Essa Mohamedali
Hi Essa,

Do you have a specific project in mind? We've found with long experience that these applications work best if the organisation we are working with has a great dataset/problem they want to solve. ZIndi can be the partner for community engagement, model development, and technical expertise.

Regards

On Wed, May 15, 2024 at 3:48 PM Essa Mohamedali <emoham...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hey Paul,

Essa here from the Tanzania AI Community, Love to see what we can do to propose a focused version in Tanzania if relevant.

The IDRC one is already closed unfortunately

Kind regards,

Essa

--
View and/or add to the event calendar http://mldsafrica.co.za