[talk] Synthetic Medical Data: GANs for overcoming healthcare data challenges

Chris Fourie

Aug 30, 2021, 4:59:58 AM8/30/21
to SisonkeBiotik

Interested in Machine Learning 🤖 and Healthcare 🩺 in Africa? 🌍

Join us, SisonkeBiotik, Thursday 2nd September  📅 at 18:00 GMT/UTC +2h  🕕

for a talk from Brad Segal [https://bit.ly/Brad_Segal] on “Synthetic Medical Data: GANs for overcoming healthcare data challenges”

Please RSVP for the talk with the link below:
[https://bit.ly/SisonkeBiotik-Talk-RSVP]

Schedule:

18:00 - 18:10      Welcome and community update

18:10 - 18:45      Talk

18:45 - 19:00     Questions and  general discussion

19:00 - ???    Interest group and social breakout rooms

### ###

Missed our previous talks? Subscribe and watch recordings here…[https://bit.ly/SisonkeBiotik_recorded_talks]

### ###

SisonkeBiotik is an open and inclusive community of researchers, practitioners and enthusiasts at the intersection of Machine Learning and Healthcare working together to build capacity and drive forward grassroots research initiatives in Africa for Machine Learning and Healthcare ❤️🌍

Every week on a Thursday at 18:00 UTC/GMT +2h  🕕  there is an open meet to discuss and develop research initiatives - as well as provide peer-to-peer mentorship. Drop by here if you are interested in getting involved in projects or if you would like to provide or receive mentorship - [https://bit.ly/SisonkeBiotik-Discord-Chat]

Every month we aim to provide a larger social meet on an ad-hoc Thursday at 18:00 UTC/GMT +2h  🕕  this is an open meet towards developing the community. This includes (but is not limited to) opportunities for community members to:

  • present talks on research or topics of interest 🎤

  • an open forum for discussion 🗣️ and brainstorming 🧠🌩️

  • social activities 🛼🪘

  • engage with visitors 🛸 to the community

Keep an eye on our Discord announcements channel or our mailing list to know when the next monthly social meet is.

### ###

Keen to get involved at SisonkeBiotik

Visit us at [https://www.sisonkebiotik.africa]

Join the SisonkeBiotik Discord [https://bit.ly/SisonkeBiotik-Discord-Chat]

Or complete a membership form [https://bit.ly/SisonkeBiotik-Membership-Form]

### ###

SisonkeBiotik is a fork of the Masakhane research community model - find their repository here [http://bit.ly/Masakhane-Repo] and fork your own community today =D

or fork the SisonkeBiotik community repository here [http://bit.ly/SisonkeBiotik-Repo]

--
Dr. Chris Fourie | +27645240720 | chrisfourie.africa | twitter | LinkedIn
MBBCh (Wits)