[talk] Synthetic Medical Data: GANs for overcoming healthcare data challenges

Chris Fourie

Aug 30, 2021, 4:59:58ā€ÆAM8/30/21
to SisonkeBiotik

Interested in Machine Learning šŸ¤– and Healthcare šŸ©ŗ in Africa? šŸŒ

Join us, SisonkeBiotik, Thursday 2nd September Ā šŸ“… at 18:00 GMT/UTC +2hĀ  šŸ••

for a talk from Brad Segal [https://bit.ly/Brad_Segal] on ā€œSynthetic Medical Data: GANs for overcoming healthcare data challengesā€Ā

Please RSVP for the talk with the link below:
[https://bit.ly/SisonkeBiotik-Talk-RSVP]

Schedule:

18:00 - 18:10Ā  Ā Ā Ā  Welcome and community updateĀ

18:10 - 18:45Ā  Ā Ā Ā  TalkĀ

18:45 - 19:00 Ā Ā Ā  Questions andĀ  general discussionĀ

19:00 - ???Ā Ā Ā  Interest group and social breakout roomsĀ

### ###

Missed our previous talks? Subscribe and watch recordings hereā€¦[https://bit.ly/SisonkeBiotik_recorded_talks]

### ###

SisonkeBiotik is an open and inclusive community of researchers, practitioners and enthusiasts at the intersection of Machine Learning and Healthcare working together to build capacity and drive forward grassroots research initiatives in Africa for Machine Learning and Healthcare ā¤ļøšŸŒ

Every week on a Thursday at 18:00 UTC/GMT +2hĀ  šŸ••Ā  there is an open meet to discuss and develop research initiatives - as well as provide peer-to-peer mentorship. Drop by here if you are interested in getting involved in projects or if you would like to provide or receive mentorship - [https://bit.ly/SisonkeBiotik-Discord-Chat].Ā

Every month we aim to provide a larger social meet on an ad-hoc Thursday at 18:00 UTC/GMT +2hĀ  šŸ•• Ā this is an open meet towards developing the community. This includes (but is not limited to) opportunities for community members to:Ā

  • present talks on research or topics of interest šŸŽ¤

  • an open forum for discussion šŸ—£ļø and brainstorming šŸ§ šŸŒ©ļø

  • social activities šŸ›¼šŸŖ˜

  • engage with visitors šŸ›ø to the community

Keep an eye on our Discord announcements channel or our mailing list to know when the next monthly social meet is.Ā

### ###

Keen to get involved at SisonkeBiotik?Ā

Visit us at [https://www.sisonkebiotik.africa]

Join the SisonkeBiotik Discord [https://bit.ly/SisonkeBiotik-Discord-Chat]

Or complete a membership form [https://bit.ly/SisonkeBiotik-Membership-Form]Ā

### ###

SisonkeBiotik is a fork of the Masakhane research community model - find their repository here [http://bit.ly/Masakhane-Repo] and fork your own community today =D

or fork the SisonkeBiotik community repository here [http://bit.ly/SisonkeBiotik-Repo]

--
Dr. Chris Fourie | +27645240720 | chrisfourie.africa | twitter | LinkedIn
MBBCh (Wits)