SIRI Production Timetable and cancelled stops

Ronny Spiegel

Oct 6, 2015, 11:19:21 AM10/6/15
to SIRI Developers
Hi,

I'm about to export some timetable data using the format described by SIRI-PT. My input data already contains some cancelled calls (eg. because of road works or whatever). But I can't see any any attribute of the call where I could express such a thing. A vehicle journey can be flagged as extra journey or cancellation and in SIRI-ET calls also have such attributes - but not in SIRI-PT. Why?

The SIRI docs state that the SIRI-PT shall include any planned updates that are known at the time of transmission.

An option would be to just skip cancelled DatedCalls - but in my opinion these belong to the vehicle journey as well as the cancellation/extra journey flag of the journey. And I think it's really necessary to have such a flag in the call to provide customer information.

What do you think? What would be a good practice to express such a cancellation of a stop in SIRI-PT?

Regards,

Ronny

Christophe Duquesne

Oct 7, 2015, 5:08:49 AM10/7/15
to SIRI Developers
Hi Ronny

I think the point is that SIRI-PT is designed to provide, ahead from the departure or even tjhe operating day, information about dated journeys. If you look at the DatedCalls comment on the XSD (in SIRI-PT delivery) it says "Complete sequence of stops along the route path, in calling order". So if there is a change on the list of Calls, you need to resend the whole ordered set of Calls.
The main reason for doing things that way is that SIRI-PT is a Line centric (or Vehicle Journey centric) service. If your need is, still ahead from the departure, more Stop centric, then you probably need to use SIRI-ST (Stop Timetable) where you have a TimetabledStopVisitCancellation.
If you also need some details about the reason for cancellation, then SIRI-SX may also be complementary option.

Cordialement

Christophe

Jay

May 26, 2017, 7:58:32 AM5/26/17
to SIRI Developers
SIRI PT does support to convey journey cancellation. Refer below extract of SIRI standard

DatedVehicleJourney

+Structure

Provides schedule information about the vehicle journey along which a vehicle is running.

Vehicle Journey Identity

DatedVehicle­JourneyCode

1:1

àVehicle­Journey­Code

Identifies the dated vehicle journey.

VehicleJourneyRef

0:1

àVehicle­JourneyCode

Vehicle Journey from which this journey is different.

ExtraJourney

0:1

xsd:boolean

Whether this journey is an addition to the plan Can only be used when both participants recognise the same schedule version. If omitted, defaults to false: the journey is not an addition.

Cancellation

0:1

xsd:boolean

Whether this journey is a Cancellation of a journey in the plan. Can only be used when both participants recognise the same schedule version. If omitted, defaults to false: Journey is not a Cancellation.