SM MonitoredStopVisit and MonitoredStopVisitCancellation

Ben Short

Jan 8, 2013, 2:50:18 PM1/8/13
to siri-de...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

For every MonitoredStopVisit can I expect a MonitoredStopVisitCancellation after the MonitoredStopVisit's aimed arrival/departure has passed? Or are the MonitoredStopVisitCancellation's sent to cancel a stop visit under exceptional circumstances? Like if the bus has been cancelled or diverted so it wont visit the monitored stop?

Thanks

Ben

Frumin, Michael

Jan 8, 2013, 5:37:03 PM1/8/13
to siri-de...@googlegroups.com

It’s for things that have changed because of exception circumstances – things changed before they happen, not after they expire.

Thanks

Mike

Michael Frumin

Systems Engineering Manager

MTA Bus Customer Information Systems

2 Broadway, 27th Floor

o: 646-252-1117

c: 646-370-0388

mfr...@mtahq.org

Ofer Porat

Jan 9, 2013, 1:20:18 AM1/9/13
to siri-de...@googlegroups.com

Hi

The SIRI document Part 3 stated that "Passengers do not expect vehicles that have already arrived at the stop to continue to be shown on a display. The MonitoredStopVisitCancellation element is used to cleardown an earlier MonitoredStopVisit..."

It means that originally it was meant for clear down but I agree it could be used for more than that.

How long will you keep submitting the cancellation message ?

Will it be one time message  or message sent for a period of time in case some client did not receive it (in case many clients are registrated to the same gateway SIRI server like in the case we have here in Israel)

Ofer Porat

Ben Short

Jan 9, 2013, 3:53:28 AM1/9/13
to siri-de...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I'm implementing the client side I have to deal with receiving the MonitoredStopVisitCancellation's and MonitoredStopVisit's and store them in a database. But I can see your point about what if a client misses a MonitoredStopVisitCancellation and keeps showing an arrival for a vehicle that's already arrived. I was going to filter on the arrival times in the MonitoredStopVisit to get around this.

I've contacted the UK National Standards Body to see how I can get hold of the document you talk about.

Thanks

Ben

Ofer Porat

Jan 9, 2013, 5:01:21 AM1/9/13
to siri-de...@googlegroups.com

The last Edition of the document was on 2007 but there is a draft new version from 2012.

Ofer

Jay Shah

May 26, 2017, 7:43:32 AM5/26/17
to SIRI Developers
I don't think, you would expect MonitoredStopVisitCancellation for each MonitoredStopVisit.

I think there are different ways to convey exceptional cancellation.

1) Using MonitoredStopVisitCancellation
2) Using ArrivalStatus and DepartureStatus as "cancelled".

Different producer/consumer would expect this in different way.

BR
Jay