Expansion of SIRI in the US

Ken C

Jan 23, 2012, 12:04:18 PM1/23/12
to siri-de...@googlegroups.com
I am pleased to see how the SIRI standard has been well adopted by the MTA and its use within BusTime to provide an open API for developers as well as exchanging information in real-time. I recently stumbled upon another agency that has adopted SIRI in providing real-time vehicle location and information. UTA (Utah Transit Authority) has recently announced that they will provide vehicle location and stop information via a SIRI-like API to developers. I hope that the SIRI standard will be adopted by more agencies who want to provide real-time information and an open API to developers and end-users.

Frumin, Michael

Jan 23, 2012, 12:44:22 PM1/23/12
to siri-de...@googlegroups.com

Ken, thanks for pointing this out. I reached out to them so that we can work together in helping the SIRI standard evolve to meet public-facing/developer needs.

I would recommend that you also send this note to the general transit-developers list; I think it would generate some interesting discussion.

Thanks,

Mike

Tony Laidig

Nov 18, 2014, 10:52:58 PM11/18/14
to siri-de...@googlegroups.com
I'm resurrecting this thread to point out that there are now at least three SIRI implementations in the USA.
Houston Metro has joined NY MTA and UTA, with support for StopMonitoring:

http://developer.ridemetro.apiphany.com/documentation/SIRI

Welcome, y'all!