Difference between Preview Interval and Data Horizone

Jay

Sep 1, 2017, 5:32:24 AM9/1/17
to SIRI Developers
Hello,

Can anyone help me by letting me know the difference between Preview interval and Data Horizon. While referring SIRI standard, I am seeing they are using both words interchangeably. Is there any real difference between those ?

Also, is there any way for the SIRI publisher to specify the Maximum PI to their SIRI consumers ?

Thanks,
Jay Shah

Ofer Porat

Sep 1, 2017, 6:33:15 AM9/1/17
to siri-de...@googlegroups.com
Hi

As far as I understand -

Data Horizon - The scope or the time frame limits of the rides records in the server. For example - if the Data Horizon is 24 hours you can't expect to get a data about rides 2 days ahead.
Preview Interval - What is the scope of the bus stops predictions. For example - Preview Interval of 30 min ( the default in Israel) means that the response from the server will include only rides that will get to the station within the time frame of 30 minutes from now or from a defined start time.

The relation between the 2 definitions  - for example, you can't expect to get data about rides that are in the time frame of Preview Interval but outside the time frame of Data Horizon.

Hope that helped.

Ofer Porat
Consultent to the Israeli MOT

נשלח מסמארטפון ה-Samsung Galaxy שלי.

Sep 1, 2017, 7:00:45 AM9/1/17
to SIRI Developers
Hello,

Thanks for your information.

Is there any maximum PI limit which publisher should specify to their consumer so that consumer can know the any value greater than the max PI will get rejected while making the subscription ?

Also, what is the default PI widely being used for SIRI SM and ET by publisher ?

Thanks
Jay Shah

Ofer

Sep 1, 2017, 7:16:56 AM9/1/17
to siri-de...@googlegroups.com

HI

In Israel we use Request/Response and not published subscribe.

In any case, there is context table that defines the default value.

That value can be changed in the request in case of RR or in the subscription in case of PS.

In Israel we use 30 min in SM.

We don’t use ET.

Ofer