Siri Stop Next Departures

Paul Harrington

Jul 29, 2019, 5:57:45 AM7/29/19
to SIRI Developers
I've been asked to put together a simple proof of concept demo where for some feed (doesn't matter which one) the next departures at a bus stop are returned.

Basically what I would be hoping for is an example request to a live open source for a particular stop and then the XML response with departure listings,

Can anyone point me in the right direction ?

Thanks Paul.

Kim Faint

Jul 29, 2019, 8:30:22 AM7/29/19
to SIRI Developers
Sounds like you want a Stop Monitoring (SM) service.

Most providers will require you to register for a developer key.

Start with New York MTA SIRI SM feed:
http://bustime.mta.info/wiki/Developers/SIRIStopMonitoring

Alban Peignier

Jul 29, 2019, 9:15:28 AM7/29/19
to SIRI Developers
Hi Paul,

We have several ara (known as edwig) servers in production which uses SIRI protocol.  Here is a StopMonitoring response (from friday) on a given StopPoint.
If needed, we have some staging servers or you can deploy our own ara instance (and use fake resources).

Regards,
stop-monitoring-response.xml

Paul Harrington

Jul 29, 2019, 9:15:30 AM7/29/19
to SIRI Developers
Thanks Kim,

That looks like a good start, have applied for a key.

Paul.