Welcome...

Carl

Jul 13, 2007, 3:59:05 PM7/13/07
to Sir Les Patterson
Hello,

To you he is Sir Les Patterson international diplomat and cheese
connoisseur, but to me he will always be Uncle Les. That's how all
this started. I was reading The Traveller's Tool paperback at work one
lunchtime, must have been in the late 80's, and I said that the
elegant chap on the cover was my Uncle Les. And it stuck. So when I
set-up my own web-site, a few years ago now, I added a page about
Uncle Les listing the items that I had and scans of the covers.
Whenever I checked the stats for the web-site that page always seemed
popular. Because there just wasn't any other material on the web.

At the beginning of this year I decided to register the domain name,
basically to stop someone else from taking it and setting up a web-
page plastered with adverts. Over the months I've collected items,
scanned in the covers and put the images and notes up on the web-site.
Also I've been adding any clips that I have of Sir Les on to YouTube,
along with the new segments from The Dame Edna Treatment.

Now there is a Google Group in addition to the web-site where members
can discuss the life and work of the great man with like minded
people. This started because I received an email, via the web-site,
today asking if I had any transcripts of monologues that Sir Les had
done on the subject of the 'yarts'. I thought about it all day and
couldn't think of any at all. He's mentioned, chardonnay, cheese and
government sponsored research assistants but not the 'yarts'.

At least now hard-hitting questions such as these can be addressed to
the group... currently a group of one.

No Worries,

Carl