Incoming calls cannot be answered

Philippe Laurent

Apr 6, 2022, 2:00:58 PMApr 6
to sipxcom-users
This issue is occurring at two of the ten small business locations I manage. Each location is practically identical, using Polycom equipment and using Voip.ms as the endpoint and pfSense in the middle.

The issue is simple. Outgoing calls work fine. Incoming calls, sent to hunt groups via a phantom user that has the inbound DID attached to it, are unable to be answered although they do appear as incoming calls on the display. The locations have been working fine for years, and then suddenly a week or so ago both stopped being able to answer calls.

I contacted Voip.ms and spent 30 minutes or so working with them on this, and they are as unable to provide any answers.

Any assistance would be much appreciated. Sipx has been mostly plug and play and trouble-free for me, so I'm really lost as to what to do next.

Todd Hodgen

Apr 6, 2022, 2:17:10 PMApr 6
to Philippe Laurent, sipxcom-users

Have you tried using a different VOIP.ms server?   Try one of their older server locations to see if that resolves it.   I use VOIP.ms for my own system using a Seattle server, and it seems to be working today.

Gerald Drouillard

Apr 6, 2022, 2:35:33 PMApr 6
to Todd Hodgen, Philippe Laurent, sipxcom-users
Did you recently update pfsense?
Do you have a firewall on the sipx server?
Can you transfer inbound calls to a different extension?
Are you on a static IP?
A packet capture would help.

Philippe Laurent

Apr 6, 2022, 2:38:42 PMApr 6
to sipxcom-users
I have both non-working clients pointed to atlanta1, which is one of their originals.

Philippe Laurent

Apr 6, 2022, 2:48:21 PMApr 6
to sipxcom-users
I recently updated pfSense at all locations to 2.6.0. I first tried the updated at a test location prior updating production sites.
No firewall is on the sipx servers.
We can't accept inbound calls, so no way of testing the transfer.
Both locations have a static IP. We are using the SIP method of passing calls inbound, and have for years. I think you may have created that doc.
I'll figure out how to do the packet capture. No idea what to do with it (shameful).

Philippe Laurent

Apr 6, 2022, 3:06:37 PMApr 6
to sipxcom-users
I finally went down to one of these two clients and tested for myself (I should have done this long ago, but I do this on the side). I apologize for providing bad information.

It isn't that the calls cannot be answered, it is that incoming calls are all one-way audio (the client cannot hear the caller, but the caller can hear the client).

Philippe

Philippe Laurent

Apr 7, 2022, 3:59:59 PMApr 7
to sipxcom-users
Post Mortem: Rebuilding the Outbound NAT Rules on the pfSense firewall resolved this issue.