Poly phones can't upload overrided files (MAC-phone.cfg)

Marco Colaneri

Sep 27, 2021, 10:48:13 AM9/27/21
to sipxcom-users
Hi,

I'd like to allow phones to save on the ftp server override files (MAC-phone.cfg) to make local contact directory changes persistent.
On sipx 15.08 it worked and I could see MAC-sipx-phone.cfg files in the tftproot directory.
Now, on sipXcom 20.08.20201, if I add a contact on phone local directory, no override file is saved in the tftproot directory.

Can you help me to enable file uploading from phones to sipx server?

Thank you very much.

Regards
Marco.

Marco Colaneri

Sep 28, 2021, 5:19:00 AM9/28/21
to sipxcom-users
Hi,
after further tests, I saw that polycom phones try to update mac-directory.xml file and they are correctly prevented from doing that by the server.
So how can a user create contacts on his phone local directory? In the old version of the web portal user could add contacts to their personal phonebook.
In the new one, I can't find the option. Will you add it in next releases?
Thank you.

Marco

Michael Picher

Sep 29, 2021, 10:35:47 AM9/29/21