Voicemail Greeting for users being overwritten by default greeting.

Patrick Scharff

Nov 10, 2021, 11:05:55 AM11/10/21
to sipxcom-users
Good Morning,

We're continuing to see an issue with our phone system where sipx users record a voicemail greeting through their phone to use instead of the default greeting and after a while, the greeting they created seems to be erased/overwritten by the default greeting and they have to record their voicemail greeting again.

This problem seems to effect all users periodically, but does not seem to affect our auto attendants.

Has anyone experienced this problem or a similar problem before? Or could anyone help provide us with some troubleshooting steps to figure out what might be causing this issue?

Thank you,
Patrick Scharff

Gerald Drouillard

Nov 10, 2021, 12:40:01 PM11/10/21
to Patrick Scharff, sipxcom-users
Yes.  I had one install that had a similar issue.  Started down the path of what and when, but it has magically stopped being an issue before we could find the cause.

Todd Hodgen

Nov 10, 2021, 2:34:07 PM11/10/21
to Gerald Drouillard, Patrick Scharff, sipxcom-users
There was a feature to delete voicemails older than x number of days a while ago.  I've never implemented it.  Could this be a bug that is deleting this recording along with voicemails?  Might be a stretch, but I can't think of any other process that goes in and removes voicemail files on its own.

sent using my two left twiddling thumbs

to Todd Hodgen, Gerald Drouillard, Patrick Scharff, sipxcom-users
No, this has nothing to do with that!

Sent: Wednesday, November 10, 2021 9:39:38 AM
To: Patrick Scharff <pcsc...@iu12gmail.org>
Cc: sipxcom-users <sipxcom-users@googlegroups.com>

On Wed, Nov 10, 2021 at 11:05 AM Patrick Scharff <pcsc...@iu12gmail.org> wrote:
Good Morning,

We're continuing to see an issue with our phone system where sipx users record a voicemail greeting through their phone to use instead of the default greeting and after a while, the greeting they created seems to be erased/overwritten by the default greeting and they have to record their voicemail greeting again.

This problem seems to effect all users periodically, but does not seem to affect our auto attendants.

Has anyone experienced this problem or a similar problem before? Or could anyone help provide us with some troubleshooting steps to figure out what might be causing this issue?

Thank you,
Patrick Scharff

Iuliu Blaga
Sr. Support Engineer

Brant Kenny

Iuliu Blaga

Nov 19, 2021, 4:25:35 AM11/19/21
to Brant Kenny, sipxcom-users
I will ask the developers and get back to you

Iuliu Blaga

Nov 22, 2021, 2:15:38 AM11/22/21
to Brant Kenny, sipxcom-users
Hi, we have tested and the user/group cleanup script definitely does NOT remove personal greetings. We'll see what else can be found