Choppy Audio SipX 19.04 since fews days

Jean-Francois Aubin

Oct 20, 2022, 9:26:54 AM10/20/22
to sipxcom-users
Hi, my server since this weeks is very choppy with internal call.
I have 350 phones, my server is on vmware esxi 7 on dell 740xd with dual xeon,, this vm have 22GB of ram.

I'm very annoyed with this bug. I attach a little picture call (19sec.) from wireshark with my colleague. This call choppy twice. i'm located in same stack cisco switch and the server is connected to nexus vpc stack with 40G of network.  i also put picture with top.

Please help-me!

Screenshot_2.png
Screenshot_1.png

Brant Kenny

Oct 20, 2022, 9:34:46 AM10/20/22
to sipxcom-users
Have there been any changes on the network?  New phone firmware?  Routing changes?  Is the choppy traffic audible on both sides or is it one-directional?

Also, IIRC - Sipx sets up the calls but the actual traffic is between the endpoints.  Have you completed any packet captures via span port on the endpoint phones themselves?

Jean-Francois Aubin

Oct 20, 2022, 9:38:23 AM10/20/22
to sipxcom-users
i put also last error from /var/logmessages

Regards!

J-F

On Thursday, October 20, 2022 at 9:26:54 AM UTC-4 Jean-Francois Aubin wrote:
Screenshot_3.png

Jean-Francois Aubin

Oct 20, 2022, 9:44:38 AM10/20/22
to sipxcom-users
when i speak with my guy, the sound choppy one side for for and later in same call, the call choppy for my guy and not for me.
no routing change, no new phone firmware.
what do you say by IIRC?
i have span port for traffic on voip vlan, not ont the port where the phone is connected.

Iuliu Blaga

Oct 20, 2022, 10:11:05 AM10/20/22
to Jean-Francois Aubin, sipxcom-users
Check for packet loss to both phones and between them. As I said in the other thread and as Brant also pointed out, audio issues on normal calls have nothing to do with the server. You have a network issue, or unconfigured phones which flood the network or both.

Iuliu Blaga
Sr. Support Engineer

Todd Hodgen

Oct 20, 2022, 11:53:43 AM10/20/22
to Jean-Francois Aubin, sipxcom-users
One your call is established, you have a session establish between the two devices.  The server is not involved in the call at all.  You have a network issue between those two devices.

sent using my two left twiddling thumbs

Oct 22, 2022, 7:48:36 PM10/22/22
to Todd Hodgen, Jean-Francois Aubin, sipxcom-users
Todd is 100% correct... And I hate give that to him ;-)

Todd Hodgen

Oct 22, 2022, 8:06:02 PM10/22/22
to Michael Picher, Jean-Francois Aubin, sipxcom-users

Great,thanks Mike.  Now I can’t get my fat head out of my office!