sipxbridge TLS registration failure

Aaron Grogan

Oct 31, 2022, 2:57:16 AM10/31/22
to sipxcom-users
We are trying to get sipxbridge talking to the Telnyx ITSP via the TLS transport mode. We have successfully registered with via the UDP and TCP transport modes, but with TLS the registration status never gets past "INIT".

In /var/log/sipxpbx/sipxbridge.log, I am seeing the following:
    javax.sip.SipException: Received fatal alert: protocol_version

Digging a little further, I find that Wireshark is indicating the following:
    TLSv1 73 Alert (Level: Fatal, Description: Protocol Version)

I assume this relates to Telnyx not supporting TLS 1.0 and 1.1:
    https://developers.telnyx.com/docs/v2/development/tls-deprecation

How do we go about enabling TLS 1.2 or 1.3 in sipxbridge?

Thanks in advance!

Iuliu Blaga

Oct 31, 2022, 5:18:03 AM10/31/22
to Aaron Grogan, sipxcom-users
There is nothing you can do. Alao, sipxbridge is very limited in terms of traffic handled and is not recommended for production use. Best setup involves a dedicated SBC