Sipxcom Apache / OpenSSL Patches

Scott Richesson

Jan 13, 2023, 8:53:53 PM1/13/23
to sipxcom-users
Hello,

Can anybody direct me on how to install the latest patches for Apache and OpenSSL (for security fixes)?  Is it possible?

Running 21.04 on Centos 7

Thank You!

Scott Richesson

Todd Hodgen

Jan 13, 2023, 10:43:40 PM1/13/23
to Scott Richesson, sipxcom-users

Try service sipxecs stop

Yum update

Then reboot the server.

I could be way off, but this is where I would start.

Scott Richesson

Jan 14, 2023, 4:07:15 AM1/14/23
to sipxcom-users
Thanks, but I already tried that.  That picks up some of the updates, but not Apache, etc.

Reading online, they suggest to install the epel-release repository, but that gives:

yum install epel-release

Loaded plugins: fastestmirror
 * base: www.gtlib.gatech.edu
 * extras: mirror.sfo12.us.leaseweb.net
 * updates: mirror.genesishosting.com
Package epel-release is obsoleted by sipxecs, trying to install sipxecs-21.04-10718.9a5b9.x86_64 instead
Resolving Dependencies
--> Running transaction check
---> Package sipxecs.x86_64 0:21.04-10718.9a5b9 will be installed
--> Processing Dependency: freeswitch-endpoint-skypopen for package: sipxecs-21.04-10718.9a5b9.x86_64
--> Processing Dependency: freeswitch-codec-celt for package: sipxecs-21.04-10718.9a5b9.x86_64
--> Finished Dependency Resolution
Error: Package: sipxecs-21.04-10718.9a5b9.x86_64 (sipXecs)
           Requires: freeswitch-endpoint-skypopen
Error: Package: sipxecs-21.04-10718.9a5b9.x86_64 (sipXecs)
           Requires: freeswitch-codec-celt
 You could try using --skip-broken to work around the problem
 You could try running: rpm -Va --nofiles --nodigest

I went no further as I don't want to break anything.  Any ideas?

Scott

Iuliu Blaga

Jan 14, 2023, 7:05:01 AM1/14/23
to Scott Richesson, sipxcom-users
Epel interferes with sipxcom, it should not be installed and is thus blocked. You do not want new versions of various software which may not work with sipxcom. You can force install anything with some linux skills though. ADMIN GUIs such as Uniteme should never be exposed to the Internet, regardless of version
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to sipxcom-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sipxcom-users/522a2c9e-ee6a-4997-bd39-3abc444aa7b6n%40googlegroups.com.

--

Iuliu Blaga
Sr. Support Engineer

Scott Richesson

Jan 14, 2023, 7:30:22 AM1/14/23
to Iuliu Blaga, sipxcom-users
Thanks.  I agree there is no real risk, as the admin gui is not on the internet.  However, we are now part of a larger company with a security department doing vulnerability scans....

Scott

Scott Richesson

Jan 14, 2023, 3:24:00 PM1/14/23
to sipxcom-users
So, digging into this further, Apache and OpenSSL ARE getting patched with the regular Centos 7 updates repository.   I think the vulnerability scanner they are using is wrong.