Outbound calls go out, but phone itself does rapid busy signal

Philippe Laurent

Apr 7, 2022, 11:42:59 AMApr 7
to sipxcom-users
SipXcom 21.04
pfSense
Voip.ms (registered, not SIP auth)
Polycom VVX501 (5.4.6)
711 U codec for phones and SipX

I could not isolate the issue I had yesterday with the one way comms issue (knew it was NAT, but could not understand what to do with the trace generated), so I went to authenticated setup with Voip.ms, which got us to to work with inbound calls.

Now a new problem. Outbound calls. When dialed, the call completes and the recipient phone gets called (tested with mobile on site), BUT the calling phone goes immediately to a rapid busy signal even though the recipient call can be answered.

Any comments on what to look for with this problem?

Philippe

Philippe Laurent

Apr 7, 2022, 4:00:48 PMApr 7
to sipxcom-users
Post Mortem: This was related to a previous issue. I moved back to IP authentication and : Rebuilding the Outbound NAT Rules on the pfSense firewall resolved this issue.