Voicemail Greeting Will Not Upload

Ryan Lahr

Mar 9, 2021, 9:18:40 AM3/9/21
to sipxcom-users
I am trying to upload a .wav to a voicemail greeting. It appears in the portal with listen and delete options, however when I scroll down to the bottom the Save button is greyed out. I tried .m4a and .mp3 just in case it was a format issue. Anyone else run into this issue.   Also just curious I am an IT Administrator, do I have to login to the user portal for each user I want to update the VM greeting or can I do this from the Admin Portal?

Sorry quite new to the system.

Thank you for your assistance.

Ryan Lahr

Mar 9, 2021, 9:35:25 AM3/9/21
to sipxcom-users
Just realized that I can change it in the System > Auto Attendants for the user.   However, it would be nice to figure out why the user cannot do this themselves for the future.   Thank you all!

Matt Keys

Mar 9, 2021, 9:37:20 AM3/9/21
to sipxcom-users
Make sure the filename doesn't have spaces or special characters that would interfere with applying the change. The format is either mp3 or wav, usually:

RIFF (little-endian) data, WAVE audio, Microsoft PCM, 16 bit, mono 8000 Hz

As to your global change question take a look at the user group settings as the superadmin user. You can set things like MoH globally or at the user group level, but voicemail greetings are usually personalized/recorded at the user level.

Todd Hodgen

Mar 9, 2021, 7:08:24 PM3/9/21
to Ryan Lahr, sipxcom-users

Did you upload it via Command Line?  If so, did you change the permissions on the file to sipx from Root?