What is the best option (remomendation) for code´s in Sipxcom

Arturo J Garcia Jmz

Nov 23, 2022, 11:08:14 AM11/23/22
to sipxcom-users
In media services , there is several options for codecs

G722
PCMU@20
PCMA@20
G729
L16
Vp8
speex
H261
H263
IH263-1998

What is the best recomendation for the order in the "server" and the phones?

Base on wired networks (1GB) and the high speed wans existing today!

What of them should be incuded and wich not.?

Todd Hodgen

Nov 23, 2022, 1:17:33 PM11/23/22
to Arturo J Garcia Jmz, sipxcom-users
Personally, I use G722, and G711 exclusively..  if in North America, G711U, if Europe G711A.  I remove the rest.

sent using my two left twiddling thumbs

Nov 23, 2022, 3:04:04 PM11/23/22
to sipxcom-users

Great !!

Thanks, , also or even considering you have some Door Bell  devices, so some video phones like GXP 2310  can see the who is outside ?

Todd Hodgen

Nov 23, 2022, 3:19:44 PM11/23/22
to Arturo J Garcia Jmz, sipxcom-users
There are many video phones.  I've used Polycom VVX500 for this.  They are well supported in SIPX.

sent using my two left twiddling thumbs

Sent: Wednesday, November 23, 2022 12:04:04 PM
To: sipxcom-users <sipxco...@googlegroups.com>

Nathaniel Watkins

Nov 24, 2022, 5:39:53 PM11/24/22
to Todd Hodgen, Arturo J Garcia Jmz, sipxcom-users
We use Axis A8105-e devices and answer on Poly VVX500 phones. These are tied in to our access control panels to allow guests access to those doors.