New Install - Missing Packages / Conflicts

Gerald Drouillard

Jul 6, 2022, 3:50:06 PM7/6/22
to sipxcom-users
Attempting to do an install on a Google VM Centos7.

The following package dependancies come up missing:
freeswitch-codec-celt
freeswitch-endpoint-skypopen

The package v8 seems to be obsolete by package nodejs-lib.

sipxregister seems to have issues starting with "findone" "no good nodes in sipxecs"

Gerald Drouillard

Jul 6, 2022, 4:03:24 PM7/6/22
to sipxcom-users

That may have been from
yum install sipxecs
instead of
yum install sipxcom

Gerald Drouillard

Jul 6, 2022, 4:10:53 PM7/6/22
to sipxcom-users
The sipregistrar is still having problems though even after a clean install.

Screenshot 2022-07-06 161028.png

Iuliu Blaga

Jul 7, 2022, 2:54:22 AM7/7/22
to Gerald Drouillard, sipxcom-users
Hi, that means mongo is down. Please run sipxagent and restart the system. Which version are you trying to install?

Iuliu Blaga
Sr. Support Engineer

Gerald Drouillard

Jul 7, 2022, 9:39:04 AM7/7/22
to Iuliu Blaga, sipxcom-users
Thanks Luliu
Mongo is running.
image.png
There is a warning message in sipx though.
Checking MongoDB server sipxcom.ask-services.com:27017 status7/6/22 4:00 PM7/6/22 4:00 PMFailedHealth check Command did not complete properly. Permission denied (publickey,gssapi-keyex,gssapi-with-mic).

I ran sipxagent and rebooted.  Still no sipxregistrar.

On Wednesday, July 6, 2022, Gerald Drouillard <prg...@gmail.com> wrote:
The sipregistrar is still having problems though even after a clean install.

Screenshot 2022-07-06 161028.png
On Wednesday, July 6, 2022 at 4:03:24 PM UTC-4 Gerald Drouillard wrote:

That may have been from
yum install sipxecs
instead of
yum install sipxcom

On Wednesday, July 6, 2022 at 3:50:06 PM UTC-4 Gerald Drouillard wrote:
Attempting to do an install on a Google VM Centos7.

The following package dependancies come up missing:
freeswitch-codec-celt
freeswitch-endpoint-skypopen

The package v8 seems to be obsolete by package nodejs-lib.

sipxregister seems to have issues starting with "findone" "no good nodes in sipxecs"

Gerald Drouillard

Gerald Drouillard

Jul 7, 2022, 10:12:14 AM7/7/22
to Iuliu Blaga, sipxcom-users
cat /etc/centos-release
CentOS Linux release 7.9.2009 (Core)

Iuliu Blaga

Jul 7, 2022, 10:17:50 AM7/7/22
to Gerald Drouillard, sipxcom-users
What do you get when you start the mongo shell?

Write "mongo" on the command line

Does it say PRIMARY?
sipXcom 21.04
image.png

Gerald Drouillard

Jul 7, 2022, 11:21:02 AM7/7/22
to Iuliu Blaga, sipxcom-users
[root@sipxcom tools]# mongo
MongoDB shell version v3.6.11
connecting to: mongodb://127.0.0.1:27017/?gssapiServiceName=mongodb
Implicit session: session { "id" : UUID("a6c99104-875f-486b-8b76-f999eb57841c") }
MongoDB server version: 3.6.11
Welcome to the MongoDB shell.
For interactive help, type "help".
For more comprehensive documentation, see
        http://docs.mongodb.org/
Questions? Try the support group
        http://groups.google.com/group/mongodb-user
Server has startup warnings:
2022-07-07T11:14:32.604-0400 I CONTROL  [initandlisten]
2022-07-07T11:14:32.604-0400 I CONTROL  [initandlisten] ** WARNING: Access control is not enabled for the database.
2022-07-07T11:14:32.604-0400 I CONTROL  [initandlisten] **          Read and write access to data and configuration is unrestricted.
2022-07-07T11:14:32.605-0400 I CONTROL  [initandlisten]
sipxecs:PRIMARY>

sipXcom 21.04
image.png

Gerald Drouillard

Jul 7, 2022, 11:53:40 AM7/7/22
to Iuliu Blaga, sipxcom-users
In file /etc/ssh/sshd_config has to have:
PermitRootLogin yes

Gerald Drouillard

Jul 7, 2022, 12:07:18 PM7/7/22
to Iuliu Blaga, sipxcom-users
Or even better:
PermitRootLogin prohibit-password

Iuliu Blaga

Jul 8, 2022, 7:36:54 AM7/8/22
to Gerald Drouillard, sipxcom-users
Hi, yes, uniteme/sipxcom require classical root login to be enabled, which is disabled by default on many cloud distributions including AWS. Some processes among which sipxsupervisor / sipxagent (CFengine) which deploys configuration uses root login to work.

So all is good now?

Gerald Drouillard

Jul 8, 2022, 10:32:00 AM7/8/22
to Iuliu Blaga, sipxcom-users
All is good.  Thanks Luliu.
I updated my install/troubleshooting notes to include this info.  I think the wiki guide should mention this though.

Iuliu Blaga

Jul 11, 2022, 7:52:18 AM7/11/22
to Gerald Drouillard, sipxcom-users
Hi, I am glad everything is fine now!

Uniteme/Sipxcom are tested and designed to work on a clean minimal install of CentOS 7, as such they don't account for modifications made by cloud providers and other custom CentOS installs. I will talk with the team to see if this can be included in the wiki.